Where can I find strong blue cheese and also sour cream?

rob0001

Registered
So, this should be simple, but with so many things called cream, I have no idea which one is sour cream. Is there such a thing as sour cream here?...there are plenty of Russians and Ukrainians, so where is the sour cream?
Also, what is the strongest-tasting blue cheese here, and where do I find it? The ones I've tried are soooo mild...
Thanks for all your help.

Santa Rosa is a good brand for blue cheese ( roquefort ). I don't think there is sour cream, most people make it using cream cheese + lemon juice.

I've found that (although it's labeled as a cream cheese) CasanCrem *light* has the consistency of sour cream. It's not expensive, perhaps give it a shot? :)

shopping

Here is the old 2018 review of cheese available. Still in 2023 almost nothing good in the supermarkets, though slightly better then 5 years ago. At least now more independent producers have shopping enabled web sites.

the bubble dot com is gone, but way back machine has it archived

Santi is one they mention https://santicheese.com/collections/azules

santi makes excellent cheese, but i've never tried any blue varieties. i imagine it's good like everything else they make.

Check out your local delis for Roquefort, Gorgonzola (usually not so strong) and for generic queso azul which may be cruder and stronger. Check out the Buenos Aires ciudad website for Ferias Especiales near you where cheese makers will have their own produce for sale.

Kalimnos. I swear I don't own the place.
Kalimnos is the closest to Paradise, for charcuterie lovers.

Kalimnos is the closest to Paradise, for charcuterie lovers.

Agreed, and I've been posting the name here for years, any time someone brings up American style bacon. Thanks for the link - I never bothered to see if they had a web site.

Bacon.jpg

Back