Where can I get a certified copy of my passport?

slider8p

Registered
Hi there,

Does anyone know where I can get a certified copy of my passport or who is legally allowed to certify it?

In the UK, it can be a teacher, doctor etc but here I`m not sure.

I imagine I can go to the Embassy but I was hoping to do it in a cheaper way.

Any suggestions?
Thanks

Certificacion de legalidad de documento publico, you need a "Escribano" look for a "Escribania"

(depends on the escribania but they cannot charge you more than 150 pesos)

you are also right, your embassy (british council) would also be able to certify it but if you're planning to use that certified copy in Argentina is better to have it done by a local Escribano.

xtrasback said:
Certificacion de legalidad de documento publico, you need a "Escribano" look for a "Escribania"

(depends on the escribania but they cannot charge you more than 150 pesos)

you are also right, your embassy (british council) would also be able to certify it but if you're planning to use that certified copy in Argentina is better to have it done by a local Escribano.

Yes, it depends on where / how you plan to use this copy. The one from the British embassy would be more useful, though more expensive. I'm not sure why you need one here, unless you are trying to buy property or something like that.

Well, I'd personally recommend walking around the "tribunales" area where often times you'll find office supply stores (librerias) with signs reading "Escribano - certificaciones, legalizaciones " as this would prolly be your cheapest bet, but since I have no idea where you live or how familiar you are with the city I'd just tell you to ask around in your 'hood since Escribanias are fairly common and there's almost always one nearby.

Escribania Condoleo. phone 4311 8671 & 4315 3473. It is at Av Santa Fe and 9 de Julio.

(te imaginas si vive en cordoba, santa fe o inclusive san isidro que trasmano le quedaria esa escribania roxana ? hahah )

jajajaja!!! When I just joined baexpats, I took the time to ask where did the person live before answering, but I learnt that most of us live in Capital Federal. I/we can find out an Escribano in some cities of the country if needed!!

I was told to get something legalized here. I think it costs 5 pesos, but don't know if they would do your passport copy, maybe someone else on the forum knows??
Cámara Nacional de Apelaciones on Lavalle 1220

Back