Where can I pay the VISA fee

Deborah Florencia

Registered
Hi

I am illegal in the country because it was my understanding that instead of traveling every three months it was easier to just pay the illegal fee when you finally leave the country or apply for your working/student visa.

However, i am going to go to my student visa appointment in a couple weeks and I want to know if i have to pay this fee BEFORE I go, or if I can pay it there?

Where can I pay this fee?

Also another question..If I decide to go to Uruguay by boat can I pay the fee there? I heard that I have to go all the way to the dreadful EZE airport to pay the fee. Is this true?

Thanksss!:confused:

Relax, you have nothing to worry about. You will probably only have to pay the fee for your student visa. If they want you to pay an overstay fee they will tell you when you present your docs for your student visa, but I've never heard of that happening.

If you are applying for a visa at immigration they will add 300 pesos onto the amount they charge for your visa if your current visa has expired, and you will pay for it at the immigration office.. or at least that is the case for the retiro office.

It maybe more than 300 peso, but that was the case last year, and i understand that it is still the price... Its the same price if you overstay your tourist visa.

Do they also charge that if you "renew" by just leaving the country and coming back in?

You can pay it at the ferry terminal immigration office. It's 300 pesos, I did it 2 weeks ago.

chadwixk said:
Do they also charge that if you "renew" by just leaving the country and coming back in?

If your visa has expired, you will be charged the fine of 300 peso's. If your visa is still valid when you leave the country, you will pay nothing, and on return will be given a new 90 days tourist visa stamp...

Back