Where Can You Meet 40-55 Y Expats/argentines?

mariano-BCN

Registered
I do have a friends here and do know lots of people but they all are busy with long working days, family-issues, rising adolescents, etc.
Sometimes I wish I knew more interesting people to talk about Argentine issues, live as a expat here, politics (beyond the classic ultra K or ultra anti K), travels, culture, etc. Or just for every now and then meeting up, a few drinks or a cinema in Corrientes?

Is there a coffee-place or regular meeting up for this age-group in BsArs? Or anybody interesting is starting such a thing?

JOIN the Book club! It's starting the last Friday in July, 3:00-4:30 in Recoleta. PM me for the address if interested. First meeting will be sharing your favorite reads and the group selecting the next six books. Part intellectual, literary, and social!

I have a better idea!!!!Why not putting toghether some money (like stocks or something like that) and purchase an old home?
We could create an expats club of sorts. Non-members could pay an entrance fee when they use the premises,etc.
If you leave the country you could sell your "stock" to a new member and recover your money.We could start a library of books in english, a cofee shop, etc.
As a matter of fact there used to be a place just like that in San Telmo years ago, in Brazil Street, I think.

thx la Coqueta, I sent u an email.
And henry...that's a good idea but it's not what I had in mind.

I would not support a discriminatory project :D for over 55 ...!!

Disciminatory or not, love this idea and would be interested in joining up or helping to start this type of thing. Perhaps to include a cocktail hour or wine tasting venue. Afternoon book clubs can be wonderful but nothing compares to the ambiance that is created by a NY style cocktail party. Mariano BCN PM me and we can discuss further.

Bajo,

which is the best place for Tango classes in Palermo.

la viruta is great if you are looking for a more social setting! its full of foreign woman too, and i know you like the ladies!!!!!!

Bajo,

which is the best place for Tango classes in Palermo.

la viruta is great if you are looking for a more social setting! its full of foreign woman too, and i know you like the ladies!!!!!!

sounds lovely!

What is the scene for absolute beginners?

Back