Where does everone meet for a drink???

sajam

Registered
Hi my name is shelley, and I have just arrived from the Gold Coast Australia. Im loving the city and I start work next week. So where do all the expats hang out.:eek:

A few of us may be meeting up again this Friday somewhere in Palermo. The "proper" expat bars are alright, but most are filled with dull study-abroad kids from the US. How long will you be living in BA?

we,ll be in Gibraltar in San Telmo,on friday night if you want to meet up....

H - Not so sure about the Gib this Friday, I think that Alex is having his Going Away Party this Friday, and we all want to see his Posh Place ;)

Will be in The Gibraltar this evening, early doors (from 6 ish)... Happy Hour is good :)

Liam3494 said:
H - Not so sure about the Gib this Friday, I think that Alex is having his Going Away Party this Friday, and we all want to see his Posh Place ;)

Will be in The Gibraltar this evening, early doors (from 6 ish)... Happy Hour is good :)

Is Alex going away? How did I miss that?

Yep - He's been transferred to the Hong Kong office, so will be leaving us :( (That's "Our" Alex, not the One in LA version)....

Liam3494 said:
Yep - He's been transferred to the Hong Kong office, so will be leaving us :( (That's "Our" Alex, not the One in LA version)....

Oh... Can't we switch Alexes? ;) :) :D

Ohhh I'd like to meet for a drink even if I am not an expat, but would that be well seen? -lost in thought-

Also, happy hours after 6... aint those after offices? lol!

Aero - No problem, we drink with all and everyone, you would be more than welcome. Most of us long standing "ex-pats" are married to Argentines, and we sometimes bring the other halves out with us.

Old habits die hard on descriptions for having a drink. Here, After Office is a common term, not used back where I come from.. Heading out at 6 is "Early Doors" for me, dating back to a period when the pubs opened at 6 and we were first through the doors - hence we were "early"..

One we like is on a Friday when we meet up - We go for "Frinks" = Friday Drinks.... Mind you, I'm heading for a Mink tonight!

Back