Where In Palermo Soho/hollywood Can I Find The Following...

SherbertDip

Registered
1. A bike rental shop (not the shared 'city bikes') that will rent me a bike for a month.

2. A mobile phone repair shop/kiosk/hole-in-the-wall.

3. A place to get a notarised copy of my passport (urgently!)

4. A clothes repair shop/tailor for a simple repair.

5. A cueva.

Answers on a postcard please. Or alternatively right here below.

your portera should be able to advise you regarding clothes repair. For things like zippers many zapateros fix these and somtimes also do other clothes repairs.
What do you mean a notarized copy if your passport! Notarized with a U.S. Notary or notarized here?--that would be maybe an escribano? Or Colegio de Escribanos? There's a place on Las Heras almost at Callao that notarizes (with Argentine stamp) documents. For a US notary the only local option is the embassy. Does anyone know if they still do this? Good luck

If you come to coffee chat, I can tell you (or show you) where a clothing repair shop is on Güemes near Anasagasti. It's about 1 block west, and on the side of the street closer to santa fe (north/northeast side).

Thanks Wineguy! Will try that. Can anyone give me the correct Spanish phrase I need? I fear walking into a police station with my rudimentary level of Espanol may cause more harm than good...

Re renting a bike :
On airbnb argentina Che Bikes put up their ad the other day. Their Facebook page looks cool but that is all I know.

Back