Where Should We Go?

fred mertz

Registered
It seems that Coffee Chat, that fantastic Thursday afternoon group of expats and their admirers is in a rut. In the past, our feared and fearless leader. GMXam led us to great coffee shops all around the town and beyond. Now we seem to be left high and dry. (We all hope that GMXam is high and dry; she's In Texas).
Now,the Star-ucks at Alto Palermo Shopping Center seems to be the only place that her male counterparts can suggest. Does this mean that one shouldn't expect a man to do a woman's job?
Any suggestions as to where this group could meet? It should be fairly centrally located, The number of people is usually from 8 to well into 2 digits, 15-20. We meet from 4:00 - 7-8:00. Since the number of attendees is never known in advance, reservations can't be made. There must be dozens of empty restaurants that could accommodate this group.
Tell us where to go.

This past coffee chat host hosted 2x when no one else wanted to do it?
I didnt hear you say you'd take over and plan another venue!(although you were invited to do so if you wished!)
Considering on top of it I am recovering from pneumonia, a HUGE effort was made on my part to keep my word!

I suggest that the 4 June Coffee Chat be held at Café Violeta Rivadavia 3899, at the Castro-Barros "A" line station. While this place might not meet with the criteria that I mentioned, the place is magnificent and it's surely worth visiting.

There are lots of bars where to meet at that time of an afternoon, near public transportation spots. I dont know if the priority is the acustic of the place, the quality of the coffee offered, out of palermo or san telmo, and or the buena onda from the owner or manager.

I've only been to a couple of coffee chats and they were good times.

Thank you Esteban for hosting when you did and as far as I'm concerned you can keep doing so.

Does anyone else want to step forward and volunteer to host the chats. If you step up you are in charge and have the responsibility of picking the place and hosting.

Complaints from the peanut gallery and suggestions not backed up with hosting do not count.

I am not volunteering!

T/

Fred, you were the first person I asked to host a coffee chat before going on vacation and you said no. Coffee chat is at Alto Palermo Starbucks this Thursday from 4-7 due to wanting to accommodate Esteban attending his last coffee chat of the year. He's been attending every coffee chat he can and stepped up when I asked all the regulars to help host while I'm on vacation. No complaining. Next time, step up. Or, host a coffee chat another night at a place of your choosing. I've said this so many times I can't count anymore. Let's go...host one any other night.

It seems that Coffee Chat, that fantastic Thursday afternoon group of expats and their admirers is in a rut. In the past, our feared and fearless leader. GMXam led us to great coffee shops all around the town and beyond. Now we seem to be left high and dry. (We all hope that GMXam is high and dry; she's In Texas).
Now,the Star-ucks at Alto Palermo Shopping Center seems to be the only place that her male counterparts can suggest. Does this mean that one shouldn't expect a man to do a woman's job?
Any suggestions as to where this group could meet? It should be fairly centrally located, The number of people is usually from 8 to well into 2 digits, 15-20. We meet from 4:00 - 7-8:00. Since the number of attendees is never known in advance, reservations can't be made. There must be dozens of empty restaurants that could accommodate this group.
Tell us where to go.

Back