Where to buy cheap art?

RogueTango

Registered
I have a friend in town, looking to buy some paintings possibly.
Any idea where to go?
thanks

San Telmo Sunday Market has 2 large groups of artists, one on Defensa just off Plaza de Mayo and the other off the park, a street perpendicular to Defensa. We've bought some good art there.

TomAtAlki said:
San Telmo Sunday Market has 2 large groups of artists, one on Defensa just off Plaza de Mayo and the other off the park, a street perpendicular to Defensa. We've bought some good art there.

I mentioned San Telmo, he seems to think they will be too expensive- or priced for tourists. What was your experience?

I think the prices were fair. Mostly I have found that there aren't Ar and tourist prices. But I may be nieve. They will negotiate a little. And the art at the Sunday market is not expensive art.

RogueTango said:
I mentioned San Telmo, he seems to think they will be too expensive- or priced for tourists. What was your experience?

There are some very good artists displaying in the block off the plaza in San Telmo on Sundays. For what you get the prices are reasonable, but it really depends on how much your friend has to spend in the first place. Compared to most other countries, Argentine art is CHEAP!

You can also find art for sale on Sundays in Plaza Francia, but the selection in San Telmo is better.

www.argentineart.blogspot.com

Click on "view my complete profile" to see additional blogs of Argentine art.

Steve, I don't know if you've been to the art section on Defenca lately but I think it's superior to the area near the park. It was fun seeing how much more art was at the market since I was last here (last May). Tom

I've tried to send you a pm but it doesn't seem to be working so......

How much is the 1st nude?

Nancy

Back