Where To Buy Non Iodized Salt?

RodalfoWalsh

Registered
Girlfriend just got dx'd with thyroid problems. In my case, unlike most argentines, I get plenty of iodine from my diet. We use Maldon salt, which is unfortified, at the table as finishing salt but its a bit expensive to use in the pasta water, etc.

So far everything I've seen at the grocery stores is fortified. Anybody have a lead?

I buy large cut grain salt at Savarin Gourmet on Figueror 1597 in Palermo, also available at Grano Madre, and there's a great store on Darwin. Stay away from the supermarkets for food and you will find much better quality food stuff.
Nancy

Sal Marina from the ocean is not iodized available in most Dietetic Shops.

I buy large cut grain salt at Savarin Gourmet on Figueror 1597 in Palermo, also available at Grano Madre, and there's a great store on Darwin. Stay away from the supermarkets for food and you will find much better quality food stuff.
Nancy

Nancy could you check the label and make sure that it is not iodized? If it's not I'll head over today and pick some up.

Yes it is.

So does Maldon Salt ? by evaporation of sea water.

https://translate.go...ina&prev=search

Sal-ta

salinas-grandes.jpg

I certainly may be mistaken, but I heard many years ago that it's illegal to sell consumible salt without iodine (gov't medicating us for our own good). I use Kosher salt that I bring with me, but that's obviously not an option for all.

Back