Where To Find Organic Blackstrap Molasses?

Marive

Registered
Hi, I've been trying to buy some organic blackstrap molasses but no luck so far. I've checked supermarkets and many dieteticas, but all I found was just one only brand everywhere, not organic and without ingredient list, origin, etc... Also tried Mercado Libre but the listings are all for gardening, and I want it for cooking so it needs to be good quality. Has anyone seen organic blackstrap molasses anywhere here? Any suggestions will be highly appreciated!

Hi, I've been trying to buy some organic blackstrap molasses but no luck so far. I've checked supermarkets and many dieteticas, but all I found was just one only brand everywhere, not organic and without ingredient list, origin, etc... Also tried Mercado Libre but the listings are all for gardening, and I want it for cooking so it needs to be good quality. Has anyone seen organic blackstrap molasses anywhere here? Any suggestions will be highly appreciated!
These types of speciality items are generally NOT available here. Most people don't even know what Molasses is, let alone the blackstrap variety and much less organic. You are in a completely different country and will not have easy access to these types of products. The word for Molasses is "Melaza" and you can find it at certain health food shops. The blackstrap variety is probably unknown and for it to be organic you would have to probably extract it from sugar cane you grew in your own backyard. I have bought Molasses here before at dieteticas, the quality is pretty good, and it seemed to be very fresh. It was expensive though, about $60 pesos for a 300gr jar. Good luck.

I thought the OP meant the molasses to smoke with the shisha (narghilè)!

Thank you Davidglen77! I take it for my anemia and I was hoping to find an organic brand cause I don't care for bug spray on my food, but I'll see how it goes with what I can find at the dietetica. Thanks again!

I don't think molasses (melaza) exists here. Can you take vitamin B12 or iron supplements? I was anemic and I recovered from supplements. They can even give you injections in the pharmacy.

Hey look what I found on Mercadolibre....I can't believe it. Blackstrap Melaza grown with organic fertilizer...price is kind of steep, $190 pesos for 900ml, however almost a kg of Melaza I am certain will last you for months.
http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.ar/MLA-513224751-neegra-melaza-de-cana-blackstrap-fertilizante-organico-_JM

Watch for posts about "Organic Farmers Markets" that take place in the city several times a year. That might be the place to find what you're after.???

How do you use this kind of stuff? Do you mix it with something?

How do you use this kind of stuff? Do you mix it with something?

GINGERBREAD!!!!!!

Along with gingerbread, molasses is used as a topping (like maple syrup, etc); in various bbq sauce recipes; as a health supplement; for a good number of vegetable recipes (like baked beans and baked sweet potatoes); and a lot of other dessert recipes (particularly certain pies and, of course, cookies). I can't be without it, ever! I buy it at dieteticas, and always it has been of good quality.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Expat Life 2
H Expat Life 10
camel Expat Life 3
S Expat Life 1
P Expat Life 22
Back