Where to find SIM card for Blackberry 8310

dhill

Registered
As luck would have it, I dropped my Blackberry 8310 today -- back popped off and battery popped out. I put it back together but did not realize the SIM card had also exited the phone. When I returned later, the area where I had dropped it had been swept! AT&T in the US cannot ship a SIM card internationally but tells me that they can activate a SIM card if I can find one here to fit the phone. I need to accomplish this tomorrow (Saturday, 29 January) if possible, because I begin three weeks of travel on Monday. Ideas? Thanks.

So they told you to find an AT&T SIM here (active or not), or get a SIM from any of local carriers?

With very few exceptions, sim cards are universal. They should fit all phones.

This is the key-question!

Here you can buy simcards for as only as 5$ in a newspaper store on the street.

2GuysInPM said:
So they told you to find an AT&T SIM here (active or not), or get a SIM from any of local carriers?

Thank you each for your thoughts and ideas. I obtained a SIM card (Claro) but AT&T tells me that it must be an active AT&T brand SIM card. There are no AT&T outlets here in Argentina. AT&T provided me with unlocking instructions so I can use another SIM card until my family sends the AT&T SIM card. However, to unlock, I have to have an active SIM card in the phone. I have an inexpensive Nokia for phone calls within Argentina and may need to resort to Internet stores/cafes for email.

Back