Where to get 100% GRASS-FED beef?!?

mjake

Registered
Hi I scanned the forum for this and to my surprise didn't find anything.

Can anybody give me some reliable sources for 100% grass-fed and pastured, hormone and antibiotic free beef?
I'm totally willing to pay higher prices.

Delivery would be best.
Next best would be a butcher or supermarket in Palermo

I was shocked to learn that most cows are feed from feedlot nowadays here. This makes me very, very sad.

So please share what you know. Where I can get the good old pastured, naturally organic beef.

Really appreciate it, thanks.

New Zealand....... its the only country that i know of where if an animal that is slaughtered has traces of hormones in the meat, it goes down the chute (is rejected for human consumption) - it is made into cat/dog food.

elhombresinnombre said:
Care to share your sources for that?

everyone knows it and it's not a secret. besides, you can tell when you taste it.

Good luck. Grass Fed Beef has been a myth in Argentina for at least 6 years. And further good luck on getting some butcher to tell you the truth.

ghost said:
Good luck. Grass Fed Beef has been a myth in Argentina for at least 6 years. And further good luck on getting some butcher to tell you the truth.

Not a myth. Just becoming the exception rather than the rule.

The article I linked above was written in 2006 when about a third of beef in Argentina was from feedlots. The percentage has gone way up since that time.

Price and export controls on beef along with the global demand for soy and other grains have contributed to converting pasture land for grain production.

Back