Where to search for an Apartment

mlee

Registered
Planning to move to Buenos Aires in a few months for a year. Need advice on apartment locations. We would be commuting to the main campus of Universidad Nacional de San Martin, I imagine on the Miter Line to the Miguelete station.

We're some familiar with and stayed in Recoleta, Palermo and Monserrat for week-10day visits and taken the subway and some of the trains. Visited parts of the city further from the center that seem ok, but that was during the day. If there are areas with shorter commuting distances to the University that anyone thinks are ok, fairly secure ..… or not, and any other notable neighborhood characteristics, we'd appreciate your opinion. Thanks

villa crespo is a really nice area i think. i don't know that it would save much in the way of commute time though, compared to say palermo hollywood.

Planning to move to Buenos Aires in a few months for a year. Need advice on apartment locations. We would be commuting to the main campus of Universidad Nacional de San Martin, I imagine on the Miter Line to the Miguelete station.

We're some familiar with and stayed in Recoleta, Palermo and Monserrat for week-10day visits and taken the subway and some of the trains. Visited parts of the city further from the center that seem ok, but that was during the day. If there are areas with shorter commuting distances to the University that anyone thinks are ok, fairly secure ..… or not, and any other notable neighborhood characteristics, we'd appreciate your opinion. Thanks

Linea Mitre - Ramal Retiro - José León Suarez
Estaciones: Retiro, 3 de Febrero, Carranza, Colegiales, Belgrano R, Drago, Urquiza, Pueyrredón, Miguelete, San Martín, San Andrés, Malaver, Villa Ballester, Chilavert, José León Suarez.

I would check out these barrios: Colegiales, Belgrano R and Villa Urquiza.

Linea Mitre - Ramal Retiro - José León Suarez
Estaciones: Retiro, 3 de Febrero, Carranza, Colegiales, Belgrano R, Drago, Urquiza, Pueyrredón, Miguelete, San Martín, San Andrés, Malaver, Villa Ballester, Chilavert, José León Suarez.

I would check out these barrios: Colegiales, Belgrano R and Villa Urquiza.

To which I'd add my little corner of the city, Agronomia, Devoto and Villa del Parque. Best transport links depend on where you are starting out from, obviously, but as well as trains, bus services are very frequent and go almost everywhere. If you will be at the university during "normal" hours, from almost anywhere you live you will be travelling on half empty transport while the city commuters are in a crush going the other way. Of course how you plan to spend your hours away from the university may have some bearing on where you want to live too.

That place is in a very ugly area. On one side you have factories and villa, on the other you hace a golf club. If you live in Belgrano R, you can go there by train.

That place is in a very ugly area. On one side you have factories and villa, on the other you hace a golf club. If you live in Belgrano R, you can go there by train.
Yeah, train is important and not too long if possible. But not sure which place you're referring to thats ugly with the factories and golf course.

Thanks for all the replies. Gives me a good start. I've done this in a number of cities and like to be well prepared with a good map, choices and transport options.

Villa and factories on the left a few blocks. The golf club on the right:4F8EF5CB-F6B2-4F60-B702-A28AD9E1D4AB.jpeg
The Federal Court of San Martin is 12 blocks from there.

Back