Where To Train With Hard-Core Fitness Instructors?

MissM

Registered
I am moving to Buenos Aires and am looking for a hard-core gym to train with like-minded people. I generally take classes (body pump, some HIIT, etc.) with solid instructors that push you, but that's in the U.S. I took the same classes in Buenos Aires at Las Cañitas Megatlon, and the classes weren't intensive. I can't afford a personal trainer unfortunately.

Can anyone advise on a gym with high-quality, serious instructors that push you and a hard-working community of bodybuilders, athletes or people who avidly exercise? I'd like a gym preferably in Las Cañitas, la imprenta, Belgrano or Palermo, but Alto Palermo and Recoleta might also be an option. Otherwise, I will look in other areas. Thanks!

There is a facility at the corner of Callao and Juncal in Recoleta that might be of interest to you. It's set far back from Callao, behind the Kodak kiosko.

There is a facility at the corner of Callao and Juncal in Recoleta that might be of interest to you. It's set far back from Callao, behind the Kodak kiosko.

That's a crossfit place. There seems to be one on every block in some neighborhoods.

There is a relatively new crossfit at 1175 Migueletes just past Olleros. I have never been there though. I know the crossfit at 8176 libertador in Nunez has a good group of solid instructors and some pretty hard core members. There is also a gym, aires up, at 1651 Jorge Newberry. I am not sure how intense the classes are, but there are some people around the middle of the day that do some pretty intense work outs on their own. It also costs like half of what the Megatlon on Migueletes charges.

Thank you. Yes, I saw the cross fit place on Migueletes. Although I may try cross fit, I crave variety and even if I do cross fit I will need to combine it with something else; the quality of instructors at Megatlon on Migueletes is subpar compared to that of the instructors at my local gym in the U.S., and membership is expensive, too. Aires up... I should check it out. I just don't like training on my own. I get bored and unmotivated, and hard-core classes are what works best for me.

There's a place in Palermo called Rockcyle. It's very similar to Soulcyle in US. It's only spinning classes but the place and the instructors are amazing! If you want to do a cardio exercise I recommend it. You can check the web site: http://www.rockcycle.com.ar/ unfortunately it's only in Spanish but you can check the timetable.

Back