Which ATM can I get cash out of with an American Debit Card (Fidelity or Charles Schwab)?

kbinder

Registered
Hello - we are visiting for several weeks from the US. We have tried to get cash out from several bank ATMs in the last few days but have not had any success. At home, our limit is $400-500 / withdrawal, but here we even try to get the max on the ATM screen (e.g., 2000 pesos) and the transaction still times out without dispensing cash.

Which bank ATM can reliably get us cash out with an American debit card? On average, what is the maximum amount?

Several versions posted on this Forum .Some claim they got $8000 pesos at one shot from BBVA bank. I have received $4000 last week from Santander from a USA Credit Card using Banelco ATM's , Generally VISA and Master, are widely accepted. AMEX is not widely accepted.

What happens with Debit Cards from Schwab on Link ATM terminals? Many users here...!

A main consideration is that if the ATM doesn't have $500 peso notes, will perhaps deny a request for $8000 pesos , tells me a banker!

80 x $100 peso notes is too much..

Sometimes on the week-ends the ATMs are empty. When the bank is open, you can usually withdraw 8000 pesos from BBVA bank using Charles Schwab debit card. You have to agree to the 379 peso withdrawal fee which CS with refund later in the month.

if you use Banelco ATMs there shouldn't be a problem, unless of course they're out of cash. ive used my US debit card there in theirs many times before.

I would suggest looking for one of those at either BBVA or galicia

From personal experience using my Schwab debit card at LINK ATM terminals of BANCO CIUDAD in 3 neighborhoods of BA during December, 2018. I have yet to attempt to withdraw pesos from any ATMs at BANCO NACION which is the other bank affiliated with LINK.

LINK will allow me to make 3 ATM withdrawals within a 24-hr period. Whereas the banks affiliated with BANELCO only let me make 2 withdrawals per day within a 24-hr period. This is provided that the ATMs have not ran out of cash for the day.

This branch of Banco Ciudad is located in the financial district.....Florida 302. They usually replenish their 5 ATM terminals M-F right before 10:00am with 1000/500/100 peso bills.

Reactions: MCA
Thank you everyone. Per advice from this community I went to the BBVA (Av. Córdoba 4675, C1414BAE CABA) and was able to retrieve up to 4000 pesos per transaction (incurring the 375 transaction card which CS will refund).

Cheers

I tried to withdrawl many times from different banks using my NWCCU without success. For that reason, I ask for my daughter to send money from the WI and the fees are not bad ($ 8 each transaction under $ 1000).

I've only been able to use my Schwab card at bands with an 'EB' sign. Mainly I use it at HSBC and BBVA at their smaller ATMS. Santander has removed their smaller ATMs and their other ATMS wont accept Schwab. Usually I'm able to select 'other amount' and get 4000p then get 40x100bills.

Sometimes on the week-ends the ATMs are empty. When the bank is open, you can usually withdraw 8000 pesos from BBVA bank using Charles Schwab debit card. You have to agree to the 379 peso withdrawal fee which CS with refund later in the month.

Just to clarify, please:

When you withdraw using the Charles Schwab debit card, the 379 peso withdrawal fee (which you must accept at the moment) shows as a separate entity on your monthly statement so that when you call Charles Schwab the customer service rep knows that it was an ATM fee?
I am asking because I was under the impression that the 379 peso withdrawal fee was incorporated in the total amount without showing separately as an ATM fee entity. I'd appreciate if you could clarify please, it would be very useful. Thanks!

Just to clarify, please:

When you withdraw using the Charles Schwab debit card, the 379 peso withdrawal fee (which you must accept at the moment) shows as a separate entity on your monthly statement so that when you call Charles Schwab the customer service rep knows that it was an ATM fee?
I am asking because I was under the impression that the 379 peso withdrawal fee was incorporated in the total amount without showing separately as an ATM fee entity. I'd appreciate if you could clarify please, it would be very useful. Thanks!
The rep knows and the fees are returned at the end of the month

Back