Which Buenos Aires Building First On Your List To Go?

PhilinBSAS

Registered
Glasgow 2014: Red Road flats demolished for opening ceremony

Blocks of flats which have been part of Glasgow's skyline for almost 50 years will be blown up as part of the Commonwealth Games opening ceremony.

The original eight 30-storey tower blocks housed more than 4,000 people and were once the highest flats in Europe.

Which buildings in Buenos Aires would you nominate for demolition? (for a good cause)

http://www.bbc.co.uk...w-west-26857816

_74001496_redroad_g2014.gif

as a piece of architecture I think the Casa Rosada has some merit

and someone has already started on the El Colon memorial statue riverside so maybe you have to choose another?

by the same token the Pirates had a go at the Church in Reconquista so you cant nominate that either

BTW this is an interesting piece on the Scottish 71 Regiment and their vacation in Buenos Aires with an excellent description of the city at that time and identifying the first shanty town some 200 years ago

http://www.waterloodiary.net/pdfs/The_71st_highland_regiment_in_buenos_ayres.pdf

if you enjoy history n stuff that is

This is a great opportunity to post my favourite building again.

biblioteca-nacional-de-la-republica-argentina.jpg

Or how about this:

1067x800_DSC02661.jpg

I recognise the first - and the reason for building the library was to replace the home of Peron and Evita I think so blowing it up a second time has a keen sense of irony

http://www.gogobot.com/biblioteca-nacional-buenos-aires-attraction

then to be replaced as a mausoleum for Cristina? (who has escaped death in the Pink House only to be caught out in Olivos)

kindly identify the second picture? this isnt Fort Apache which looks far more grim

My submission probably isn't exactly what the OP is asking for, but I nominate any new cheto building that is poorly constructed. So, most of them. You know, where you can't so much as lean on the kitchen counter without it coming unglued, and you can hear your neighbor's cell phone vibrate through the paper-thin walls. Just knock 'em all down. Terrible and overpriced. I'm looking for a place and as beautiful as those new buildings all look, I know better...

After that, they can knock down that library (admittedly I've never seen the inside).

It's actually quite a nice building once you are inside.
I like the library as well. And I went to a tango musicians final recital/graduation ceremony in the performance hall/auditorium.

I include it in my "Architecture Taken From The Original Star Wars Series" buildings:

1) National Library = Two-Legged Desert Killing Machines ("Empire Strikes Back")*

2) Planetarium = Darth Vader's Mask (All three films)... though it also is similar to the "Legion of Doom"'s headquarters in "The Superfriends" cartoon.

3) La Mezquita de Palermo = a moder day Sultanhamet (Blue Mosque)/Hagia Sofia + R2D2 in the back of the X-Wing Fighter when he blows up the Death Star ("Star Wars" the original)

4) Banco Hipotecario (corner of Reconquista & Mitre) = Docking Bay of the Deathstar ("Star Wars" & maybe "Return of the Jedi")**

*This view is best from Av. Libertador
**This view is best from Reconquista about 30 meters from Mitre between Mitre & Peron.

This is the closet view that I could find to what I'm talking about for " ** ":

DSC08350.JPG

Back