White House agrees with Casa Rosada about Vultures

PhilinBSAS

Registered
Apologies if this has already been covered in a post but I did a quick search and couldn't find any reference and I felt the need for a ludicrous slightly mischievousness eye-catching headline also.

I'm in UK at the moment but feel the need to check up on the Ex Pat website from time to time to keep in touch if not amused. La Portena was also staying here but has had to go back to the pressure-cooker at home - I miss her more than I miss BsAs needless to say :(

Written by this supposed Council on Hemispheric Affairs - as if there is only one hemisphere anyway - I have no knowledge of them at all but the article seems reasonably well informed and useful contribution to the debate.

Here is the how the first paragraph starts ....

On June 25, Washington set an important precedent in the ongoing battle between hedge funds and the Argentine government. Hidden in the busy final two weeks of the U.S. Supreme Court’s judicial season, the high court ruled in Argentina’s favor to unfreeze over $100 million USD in Argentine assets shored up in the New York Federal Deposit Bank and claimed by Elliott Associates and Dart Management during lawsuits surrounding defaulted bonds. This monumental decision will hopefully allow the Argentine government to gain momentum against the vulture funds that still refuse to participate in restructuring agreements. With the ongoing fiscal uncertainty surrounding litigation ....

And the full link for those who are sufficiently interested in such matters

http://www.coha.org/peace-over-profit/

Might risk a few adverse comments from the usual suspects in the Rabid Anti-K brigade ;)

Back