Who Is Blonde Gypsy Girl.....maria...??

Rich One

Registered
A blonde girl 6 yo found in gypsy camp in Greece during a drug raid, parents charged with abduction.... Racism ? :cool:

1382369216000-USA-NOW-thumbnail.jpg

http://www.usatoday.com/media/cinematic/video/3143185/international-hunt-on-for-mystery-girls-parents-usa-now-video/

My guess:
Likely the daughter of a prostitute from an East European country (father: a German, British or Scandinavian "client"?) who went back to her country without her.

Poor girl.

Meanwhile, two African kids died (hunger, health, etc.) while you were reading this message (about 1 per 5 seconds). Racism? :cool:

With those companies specializing in tracking the geographical "roots" of your genetic profile, wouldn't it be easy to find which country/countries she comes from? Certainly they did it already, just wondering how many days it takes.

I thought this forum was for expatriates sharing experiences about living in Argentina. What has this topic got to do with it? Why don't you guy exchange phone numbers so you have someone to call when you want to talk about all the sensational news stories that grab your attention. The forum is more like CNN - be the first to know.

I thought this forum was for expatriates sharing experiences about living in Argentina. What has this topic got to do with it? Why don't you guy exchange phone numbers so you have someone to call when you want to talk about all the sensational news stories that grab your attention. The forum is more like CNN - be the first to know.

jajajajajaj jantango, you may be correct , thou I'm not aware of the actual bylaws of the Forum...!! perhaps you do..?
My advice I only open the Threads that interest me. It would be limiting if we only posted where to find Cilantro or get the best waxing, or Dr, Peppers...!! :D BTW are you an Admin?

There are also World Politics, Art, Events , Books etc. and other Forums on this Board!!

I often go days without reading the news (too depressing and disruptive to my state of well being) so I appreciate when interesting stories get posted here!

Personally, I prefer off topic threads/comments rather than the thread/comment police. As Rich One said, it's easy enough to not click on a thread. There are a lot of people on this forum whose opinions I respect a lot. Sometimes it's good to see their thoughts on things NOT related to Argentina.

It's not all about the peanut butter and pizza.

Seems logical that this is a community site - a meeting ground for a particular community, expats in Argentina and perhaps even those outsiders who have some interest in that community (e.g. ex-expats). If we have a meetup it's highly unlikely that we would only talk about Argentina. Being inherently a bit more worldly than average folk we're likely to talk about most anything, especially our homelands. I would expect the site to reflect that same open ended content as a meetup conversation.

Lucha, funny what you said about the news - I too find it relaxing that I don't have to go to any mainstream news outlet. If something major happens I know I'll see a comment about it on here. I only watch independent media which isn't always about the catchy news story of the moment.

Back