Who know of A Place To Have Boots Made?

Napoleon

Registered
I have some friends coming into town this week from the States and they are looking to have some boots made for their sons. (Aged 14 & 18)

I know of the place called GUIDO (not Guido Mocosines) on Montevideo & Guido that has its own craftsman workshop, but it appears that the boots they make are high calf riding boots and I'm not sure that these American boys would want those. So, I was wondering:

Does anyone know of a place To Have Boots Made?

All tips and leads would be appreciated.

Thanks

Check La Casa de las Botas on Paraguay between Juan B Justo and Humboldt http://www.lacasadelasbotas.com.ar. They too specialize in riding boots, but a friend visiting from the US bought some really handsome dress (low) boots there recently. They definitely do custom work.

hi, I would also recommend la casa de las botas. I had a pair made to measure a few months ago. The service was excellent, they have a quick turn-around time, and the boots are just divine. There are lots of styles to choose from, and they're happy for you to mix and match. They're not cheap (almost AR$2000), though if you compare the price with getting some hand made, made-to measure in the UK, I imagine they'd be very reasonably priced.

Not to revive an old thread, but has anyone had boots made at La Casa de Las Botas recently? I'm trying to get info on prices and what the local pesos price would be vs. the price if you call from out of country. When I was last in BsAs (about 12 months ago) I paid about 2000 ars for 2 pair... wondering if it would be about the same now?

Hi!

Try this options. They are very expensive but they worth it...
Casa Fagliano
Casa López Taibo
Rossi & Caruso

Regards,

Ele

Back