Who would be interested in such an expat event (JAN -> MAR)

French jurist

Registered
I have this project since a few months now and well, if I organize this, it will be a good occasion for me to stop working at least for one day a week (working 7/7 15/24).

I live near Pilar in a gated community.
The big advantage of my house is the big garden/small park (2.400 m2 / 21.000 sq.ft) with a large pool (around 9 x 5 meters : I use clear water only with no chlorine or any chemicals, I change the water every 7/10 days).
There even is a paddle court but it's in poor condition (can't be used).
In the gated community there is also one or two tennis court.

The idea :
To organize a day expat event where we could gather, eat, take sun, drink a few beers, swim, chill, whatever.

Logistics :
I can arrange in order to have 40 seats (will be plastic ones with no cushions), and 8 small tables (either apart or side by side, in order to form a very long table).

Food :
The idea is for me not to organize everything, let's say I can prepare the salads, cook a few "terrine campagnarde" (French "pate de campo"), make a big ceviche de pescado, probably I'll throw in three large tiramisus. For all of this, I'll have an assistant with me so it's not too much too trouble.

But for the meat/carne part, the idea would be to provide a working parrilla and people coming could bring whatever they want to eat (and they would have to cook it on the parrilla by themselves : too many disparities in-between cultures as how the meat should be cooked).

Drinks :
I have two fridges, so I would have all the drinks ready : soft drinks, beer (which brand?!), wine (I know which ones to choose).

Price :
I wouldn't charge too much, that's not the purpose, just enough to cover the costs, maybe to pay little by little for the chairs I would buy, pay for my assistant, etc (because likely I would repeat the experience from january until march, maybe not every week end but maybe yes). Let's say it would be somewhere around 80/90 pesos (which considering the fact the event would last from noon until 6 or 7 pm is good).

Transport :
A remis (one way) to come to my house costs about 100 pesos, if people arrange to share a remis, it's less expensive.
There's too the possibility to come by train until Manuel Alberti and right at the station there's a remis agency I know well and it costs 15 pesos from there.
By car : it's a 40 minutes drive by Panamericana, I'm less than 10 mins away from the exit.

Facilities :
I have three bathrooms so I'll dedicate one from the main floor to the guests.

Guidelines :
Everybody's welcome no matter the religion, country, skin color, etc etc...
But, of course, people would be invited not to talk about politics, religion, whatever controversial subjects that can ruin a day.

Particularities :
I have 4 dogs, wait, I have 5 since 3 days (a beagle I found... still trying to find the owners) and even if I'll try to contain them in the shelter, I'll have to free them a bit.
There are too 5 beehives, so people allergic to bees should say so (I'm highly allergic), anyway I'll have a cortison shot ready just in case. Nevertheless the bees are not agressive.

-----

So I wonder how many people would be potentially interested, I guess that a limit of 40/45 people is the maximum (I'll have someone to do the job anyway since I intend to spend a good time as well).

If you have clever ideas/suggestions, do not hesitate!

I'll throw in a few pics (just finished giving a touch up to the paint of the pool, will start filling on friday... he he) :

casadv2.jpg

casadv1.jpg

casadv4.jpg

casadv5.jpg

me too FJ.i,ll drive over,Can you sort out the paddle court?i,d love a game,hehe

HowardinBA said:
me too FJ.i,ll drive over,Can you sort out the paddle court?i,d love a game,hehe

I need an axe to sort it out, but there's the net (under a ton of vegetation) !

Me + n.
n = depends on when.
:D

PS, pics of the new beagle addition are required! :)

If this doesnt cross with my trip to Mar Del Plata I am so there

mini said:
Me + n.
n = depends on when.
:D

PS, pics of the new beagle addition are required! :)

Today I walked passed two different people walking beagles by Jardin Botanico who were holding their leashes tightly as they prepared to pass each other.

A beagle wins the Westminster Dog Show and now they're everywhere!

Charles Schultz would be proud.

Back