Whopping Edenor August bill

on the brink

Registered
Did anyone's bills increase? Mine more than tripled. There were no changes in my home.

EDENOR.png

Mine was 17.000, 300% more. I called and they told me they are not checking the gauges because of Covid. That I have to take a picture of the gauges and start a complain.

400% increase for me too. I think maybe they kept prices low during the early months of the lockdown (my bill decreased around 20%) to make it seem they were helping and then just nailed people now. So, no help at all really.

13 August 2020
IN THE LAST BILLING PERIOD

Users begin to receive electricity bills with high increases
.....some cases it exceeds 300%. It also affects businesses that were closed. The Office of the Ombudsman intervenes....

After reading the piece posted by Gracielle (Thanks!) I did some research on EDENOR’s rates, and this is what I learned.

Rates increase with usage – the more energy we use, the higher the fixed rate, and the more expensive each extra KWh becomes. See table below.

Last month I went from being a T1-R5 to a T1-R8, which explains the rise in my bill. The rate structure makes sense to me, so I'll learn to live with it.

EDENOR-RATE STRUCTURE.png

Last edited:
Could this have something to do with the DNU utility rate freeze?

Perhaps if companies cannot increase their rates, they can change the parameters around the rate categories one falls under in order to generate more revenue and offset their inflationary pressures.

I just don’t understand how in the last month I broke all records of my consumption.... even if it was based on an estimate of energy used it was 500% higher than same month last year when all other months during quarantine have been fairly consistent.

Back