Who's got Omicron?

dsp27

Registered
So I finally got Covid and have symptoms, after dodging the bullet for 2 years. :) And I am fully vaxed and boosted. All my fiends from the NY dinner got it.

Seems to me these days it’s more like “Who doesn’t have Omicron.?”.. sadly,
And on a side note, but I think of great relevance to this situation overall. is the fact that there are fewer and fewer airline choices and the costs keep increasing, Used to be able to fly from Rosario to Panama to Boston,
Not sure if that route is coming back, and I think Copa is no longer at the Rosario airport and perhaps no longer serving Argentina in general …ughhh …unfortunate

And on a side note, but I think of great relevance to this situation overall. is the fact that there are fewer and fewer airline choices and the costs keep increasing, Used to be able to fly from Rosario to Panama to Boston,
Not sure if that route is coming back, and I think Copa is no longer at the Rosario airport and perhaps no longer serving Argentina in general …ughhh …unfortunate
Copa is coming back to Rosario in February. They are already flying again from Buenos Aires, Mendoza and Córdoba.

On a side note the amount of “unexpected” positive results is screwing up a lot of people’s travel plans and I’d personally advise against travel (if you don’t have the flexibility or means to weather such an unexpected delay or change of plans) until you’ve had Omicron or infections naturally start dropping wherever your going and coming from in the coming weeks or months. Or at the very least be certain to get additional COVID protection on your travel insurance to cover additional accommodation and rebooking costs.

Perhaps it is reassuring to see some countries like the UK are now considering to scrap pre departure COVID testing since at this point, it is argued it is just a useless headache for travelers with no real benefit for the wider community.

Hi, thanks a lot for the reply and information…I have no travel plans on the horizon and I am fine with that…it’s a relief actually…..
Was back in Massachusetts in September and I am ok with the fact that I won’t go back for a visit for at least another year…my life is here now …

So I finally got Covid and have symptoms, after dodging the bullet for 2 years. :) And I am fully vaxed and boosted. All my fiends from the NY dinner got it.
What are your symptoms? Anything serious? I have a low-grade fever (up to 37.5 degrees), occasional cough and sneeze, and a slight headache. Been wondering if it's Omicron.

2 x A-Z doses, waiting for a booster.

On a side note, a friend in Venezuela (unvaccinated, she's rethinking that now...) caught COVID, probably Delta (loss of taste and smell, serious breathing problems), and would most likely have kicked the bucket if she hadn't been stuffed full of dexamethasone. Still not back to normal 3 weeks after the first symptoms, major fatigue.

What are your symptoms? Anything serious? I have a low-grade fever (up to 37.5 degrees), occasional cough and sneeze, and a slight headache. Been wondering if it's Omicron.

2 x A-Z doses, waiting for a booster.

On a side note, a friend in Venezuela (unvaccinated, she's rethinking that now...) caught COVID, probably Delta (loss of taste and smell, serious breathing problems), and would most likely have kicked the bucket if she hadn't been stuffed full of dexamethasone. Still not back to normal 3 weeks after the first symptoms, major fatigue.
Mine started with a cough then soar throat and some mild congestion. Now have occasion dry cough, very very painful sore throat and at tonight I have chills and night sweats. I don’t feel malaise or tired. My positive result was confirmed with a home antigen test. I just had gotten a booster 2 weeks ago, Pfizer.

I just tested negative after finishing the new 7 day quarantine period here after testing positive at Christmas and having symptoms. I'm glad I was vaccinated, it wasn't fun, but was less bad this time around than COVID without vaccines in early 2020. Once I'm feeling able to handle the fever from the booster (had it after both doses) I'll look to get in touch with 147 as I think I'm close to the time requirement for it.

It's insane, I'm looking to take my husband on vacation and from CABA a flight to anywhere in the Caribbean involves a 12+ hour layover and is $1,200+. Hell, flights with Aerolineas are even worse/straight up insane, to go to Cancun it's $400K ARS each! Even if quotas still existed for international travel who could afford that? And with Aerolineas in economy no less.

It's insane, I'm looking to take my husband on vacation and from CABA a flight to anywhere in the Caribbean involves a 12+ hour layover and is $1,200+. Hell, flights with Aerolineas are even worse/straight up insane, to go to Cancun it's $400K ARS each! Even if quotas still existed for international travel who could afford that? And with Aerolineas in economy no less.
I think it's because it's high-season, we flew to Cartagena in July / August for less than $1200 / person, and I was checking flights from March, and they're about that again.

By the way, self-testing is possible in Argentina again: https://www.infobae.com/salud/2022/...so-de-cuatro-test-de-autoevaluacion-covid-19/

"ANMAT decided to allow the sale of these self-assessment devices. The result of the diagnostic orientation test must be individually reported within 24 hours of its completion".
I got one yesterday. They have been selling them for months in the farmacias. Under "for professional use only" :) They go for 1.900 pesos a pop.

Back