Why are Argentinians so accepting of corruption ?

That is one of my points about accepting of corruption . Macri borrowed over 100 billion dollars and this money is now all spent . Where is the accountability for this ? This and his increase of services in some cases 1000 percent destroyed the middle class and most small businesses .There was no parrallel to this in any South American country in the last 20 years but the population did not massively protest just accepted it . This would never happened in Brazil. Ecuador . Chile. Colombia . Peru . or anywhere else without massive social unrest.

By the way I do not believe that the current government will make things better as they up to now have not communicated their financial goals . Argentina has been badly governed now for a long time .
you mean like Maddof?

you mran like when n.a. accepted Nixon absolving Jimmy Hoffa's senrence?

you mean like when n.a. accepted that Nixo n absolved Jimmy Hoffa of his sentence?

I also am amazed at the tolerance for corruption. My wife is Argentine, and we talk about this a lot. There almost seems like a resignation that their judicial system is so messed up, that justice for things like fraud and corruption is either far postponed or not even pursued - so why bother worrying about it. But my wife is very fearful of long term consequences associated with acceptance of massive fraud.
you mran like Madoff?

I have rather lost the thread here...literally. The Madoff Ponzi scheme led to arrests and prosecutions and 150 years in prison with his son committing suicide. That is punishment. I think Perry is saying that private fraud is different from public office corruption and neither gets the kind of punishment in Argentina that Madoff faced. Not sure what Happy Camper wants to try - a new Ponzi scheme or a Winnibago?

Back