Why are there so many single beds?

STElmoFranco

Registered
Hi,

Random question for you guys. I've been looking at furnished apartments recently, and a large percentage of them either only have 1 single bed (twin size), or have two single beds right next to each other. I've never seen so many single sized beds as in Buenos Aires. Why is this? Is it to maximize the number of people that could stay in a temporary rental apartment, cultural, something else? Most of the places could easily fit a larger bed but have chosen not to. It's just odd to me because besides beds for kids I almost never see them in the US.

1) They're cheaper

2) They don't want you ----ing in the apartment.

But I agree, it's ridiculous. In my current place, I started on a single bed before finally going to a ~queen sized bed that was basically old foam rubber on top of thin warped slats of wood. I finally bought my own bed from an Expat leaving. It's hard as a rock and mattress pads don't exist in this country (don't get me started on that OR 50%/50% bed sheets), but I've adjusted and now I have plenty of room and a firm surface for -------*.

Sincerely,

-Nap

* "-------" = sleeping.

I have 2 singles that push together in my rental apartment in Bariloche, it's to maximize renting potential: a couple, or 2 friends; but then have a 'pillow top' that goes over the two when they are pushed together to make a queen, you can hardly tell when sleeping that they are pushed together.

Back