Why is coffee so 5hite and expensive here?

UK Man

Registered
I will admit a cafe bought cup of coffee isn't too bad but I'm talking supermarket sourced coffee here...ground and whole bean. Not only is it awful it's very expensive. I've bought far better quality at the £ shop for 250gr in the UK on my last visit....Italian produced I seem to recall.

One of the things I always bring from home is coffee. No help to those stuck here, just agreeing with your sentiment.

Argentina is neighbor to the world's top coffee producer, Brazil. I believe the roasting and where it's done is the key to good coffee.

I'm paying 90pesos at delicity for 250 grs, not cheap at all ,but a hell of a lot less horrible than supermarket coffees.
My go to brand at the supermarket is cabrales. make sure is not torrado (purple bag) colombian(white bag) or premium(black bag).prices around 170 for 500grs,the problem is that the vacum seal is always broken .so you are buying oxidized coffee already
Now taking applications for bandidos to hold up coffee trucks at the border. please send resume.and of course. have experience. no rookies!:cool:

Le Pain Quotidien has half decent organic coffee, no idea what it costs, but worse trying if you are desperate. Cafe Martinez coffee is drinkable and they probably sell the beans...

Starbucks sells beans, I prefer the french roast. Also, General Establiaciamiento (sp?, sorry) has a nice variety of beans, and they will make a shot for you for a taste test. Coffee is expensive.
N

There are now good coffee shops in Palermo, but the 250 grams goes for 200-250 pesos so quite a bit more than you're talking about. But I know of at least three places in Palermo now that make as good coffee as you find in NYC.

Back