wii / converter question.

ashflo182

Registered
hey yo,
i brought my wii from the states (b/c i am a huge dork). i am going to go out today and get a converter that will make my 110 fuente work in the 220 outlet. my question is: do we think this will suffice? i am not going to blow out my wii or anything, right? would it be better to try and contact nintendo about a new power chord?

thx in advance!

and if this works, wii party at my place! haha.

-ashley.

ashflo182 said:
hey yo,
i brought my wii from the states (b/c i am a huge dork). i am going to go out today and get a converter that will make my 110 fuente work in the 220 outlet. my question is: do we think this will suffice? i am not going to blow out my wii or anything, right? would it be better to try and contact nintendo about a new power chord?

thx in advance!

and if this works, wii party at my place! haha.

-ashley.

I have my Wii down here running through an 85-watt converter that I bought at Radio Shack back in the US. I also run my 1440-watt US popcorn maker down here through a 1500-watt monster converter that I bought here at one of the shops on, I believe, Paraná, right around Corrientes (one of those streets over there is full of electronics shops and I think it's Paraná but it could be another street nearby). After going store to store for a bit I managed to get it for 200 pesos. My buddy has a converter around the same size and a US power-strip and runs all of his US electronics through the one converter.

So, no, you won't blow your Wii out. Just make sure you get the right converter, one that can handle the wattage and can do so for long periods of time (a little cheapie may overheat or not provide enough power if you use it for very long; I discovered this when I tried to run some electronics through one of those crap Walmart travel converters). These electronic shops down here deal with this sort of stuff all the time (lots of US electronics down here) so a good one should be able to help you out.

Yes , in Parana halfway beteween Rivadavia and Corrientes is located La Casa del Transformador.They will help you. Good luck

Ashley, make sure you use a "HEAVY" transformer, usually lower wattage from 50 to 200 watts. The light weight, 1000W+ units, are electronic converters and they WILL BLOW OUT electronics. They are meant for only electric heater use.
The transformer rating in watts must be at least 20 % over what you´re plugging into it.
Joe

What about for hair straighteners? my boyfriend is moving down here in Dec. and I'm thinking of having him bring me my US one instead of buying a new one (although I hardly use it), but I'm also worried about blowing out the straightener. ??

Thanks!

cassiem13 said:
What about for hair straighteners? my boyfriend is moving down here in Dec. and I'm thinking of having him bring me my US one instead of buying a new one (although I hardly use it), but I'm also worried about blowing out the straightener. ??

Thanks!

You need to use the smaller high-power units.
Check the wattage on the hair styler, but it must be above 600-800 watts.

update: i went to "La Casa del Transformador" on parana b/t sarmiento and corrientes. they hooked it up. it cost me 60 pesos for a 110 to 220v transformer. my wii is up and running, working great!

they also provided me with the appropriate adaptors for my harmon sound sticks.

for sure wii party at my house.

thx for everyone's help!

Back