Will Argentina Change Much In 2017?

UK Man

Registered
A question for those more au-fait with Argentine current affairs than I am...I'm just happy to get through the day without the distractions of more serious matters to be honest.

The ones uppermost in my mind are:
Will the K woman be brought any closer to justice or will the charges of corruption made against her drag on until she croaks it of old age?
Is the Macri Government going to bring inflation down to a realistic level...and what would your idea be of a realistic level?
Will my small tea order from the UK finally arrive after months of waiting?

I think that the judges handling K are waiting signs of firmess and protection from Macri.
We have seen the raucus and histerics derived from the Salas case, so I think it is a warning of what could happen if "ella" is finally arrested and tried.
The average inflation here for the last 60 years had been 70%, believe or not, we are get used to it, but I think that attacking the real culprit (a horrendous fiscal deficit) is an explosive political time bomb that no goverment has resolved since 1962, I think.

HenryNisenthal :
Thought # 1 .exactly.
Thought # 2 exactly and that is why for the sake of social peace in order to get more important tasks accomplished,it¡d be best to just let her fade away but in disgrace.
The average infation may have been 70% but during Menem it was a really tolerable 5 or 6% which was admittedly only a mirage.However,it gave us a taste of what normal inflation, in fact, was.Many of us have not forgotten those years in the "infamous" 90s.I've been here 38 years since Dec.1979.
Hopefully,with the change in economy ministers Macri will begin to successfully attack the horrendous fiscal deficit.What most works against this is the wdely held belief in Argentina that "there can be ,gain with no pain" for everybody.This as we know is a local fallicy that has been almost impossible to irradicate.

While I understand the view that for the sake of peace it would be better to allow the K woman to fade away in disgrace, is the reason she felt obliged to help herself to millions of cash because she knew there was every chance she would escape punishment anyway? Kind of gives out the wrong message I would have thought.

As for the ''there can be gain with no pain'' attitude. All I've experienced during my time here is little gain through much pain. :D

Not surprised to see prices already increasing rapidly after my visit to the supermarket today - from receipts looks like approximately 10% increase in majority of goods from December to start of 2017.

UK Man
:As they say in NYC,Macri is "workin' on it"
Argies of Any economic strata do not take well to ANY changes
Risk aversion is an art formhere.Nobody will accept losing anything they already have even the poor,difficult as that may be to concieve,because they are terrified they won't get it back.Theresult is a total stalemate where everybody looses out because the economydoes not grow
InterestinglyMacri's "modus operandi" of revenue sharing with the provinces using "premios y castigos" / prizes for those that improve their auditing and punishments for those that don't..These changes will undoubtedly take at least 2 administrations.Hopefully,he will accumulate enough success factors to warrant him re-election.Otherwise,it could be Peronism once again.

Change would be wonderful but even stabilized would be acceptable or more stable. I think some of that will be accomplished perhaps not as much as is needed. But dragging nations out of ditches is no easy task for anyone.

Never thought in a million years that I would think that Argentina has better president than the USA I think that right now concerning our elect.

Back