Will Argentina Ever Win The Davis Cup ???

D.B. Cooper

Registered
Once again Argentina has qualified for the Davis Cup final after defeating UK in the semifinal last week end.
It will face Croatia this coming November 25-27. The Davis Cup, the Holy Grail of tennis has evaded Argentina four previous times.
This year the chances look very good. Del Potro seems to be playing the best tennis of his life.Recently beating the Nº 1 player in the world Novak Djocovik and Nº3 Rafael Nadal at this year's Summer Olympics and Nº 2 in the world Andy Murray just last week.
Del Po has an 8-2 record against Marin Cilic, Croatia's Nº 1 player. I'd say the odds are very good. No South American country has ever won it.
I think Del Po is looking for the Life Time Achievement Award of his life. Wining the coveted prize will earn him a place in the Pantheon of tennis greats.

Does anyone know how many doubles games they have won and lost in the Davis Cup in the last few years?

My barber was trying to convince me that they hant won any .

He had an open blade razor in his hand at the time , so I agreed......

Is it the Holy Grail of tennis? I think most players would value individual prizes at the top of the game over the Davis Cup. As for the question, I think they will win it this year.

Back