Will Be In Ba 8/14 !

SaraMarie

Registered
Hello all, I'll be arriving in August..staying in a shared apartment provided by the IBERO TEFL institute. As far as I know, will be close to the school on Pierdas street. I will be taking the TEFL course for the first month. Although I am very excited to begin this adventure, I am coming alone, and would love to hear any sort of advice that a newcomer to this lively city may need!

Thank you !

You mean Piedras street? You'll be in San Telmo, then. Check out all the various, numerous, overflowing threads on newcomers. There is a ton of info and advice.

I don't want to freak you out or anything as I may well be mistaken. But, didn't Ibero shut down? As far as I know, about a year ago the whole school was on sale for 100k pesos, and I heard it shut down a few months later. However, this may have been the Spanish division only, not the TOEFL one.

I would call the school just to make sure it's still operating. Many schools keep their websites online after they shut down and transfer the students they get to another school for a commission, and the owners of Ibero (an Argentinean-Chilean married couple) are well known for doing some nasty things in the past, including sending a "black list" of over 30 teachers they had trouble with to every other school in Buenos Aires (with their names and DNI numbers): http://lacarteleradelmetele.blogspot.com.ar/2009/04/repudio-de-aacele-la-lista-negra.html .

Back