Will Customs Impound A New Passport Sent By Courier?

UK Man

Registered
My British passport runs out in May and plans of getting back to the UK before then to apply for a new one in person have been dashed. I am led to believe I could travel back to the UK on an expired one however given the hassle I've experienced before when checking in for a flight from Ezeiza I'd rather not do that.
So my only option is to apply for a new one from here and have it sent back. What I don't want is to have it impounded and me to have to go through the farce of getting it released. Does anyone know if passports receive special fast track 'diplomatic' protection or will it be held to ransom?

I'm coming over from the UK at the end or March, I can bring it for you if it's ready by then,

pm me if you like,

Cheers
Simon

My British passport runs out in May and plans of getting back to the UK before then to apply for a new one in person have been dashed. I am led to believe I could travel back to the UK on an expired one however given the hassle I've experienced before when checking in for a flight from Ezeiza I'd rather not do that.
So my only option is to apply for a new one from here and have it sent back. What I don't want is to have it impounded and me to have to go through the farce of getting it released. Does anyone know if passports receive special fast track 'diplomatic' protection or will it be held to ransom?

UKM , when you the pay fee via credit card , they include the DHL fee to return it yo your home .

We did it for GlasgowJohn Jr last year and the sytem works efficiently and quickly

Can't they send it to the British embassy here?

Her Majesty hasnt allowed any of the UK embassies anywhere in the world to issue passports for some time now . At one point we had to send the stuff to Washington for processing but now its is all done in GB.

UKM , when you the pay fee via credit card , they include the DHL fee to return it yo your home .

We did it for GlasgowJohn Jr last year and the sytem works efficiently and quickly

Good to know thanks.

Mine was DHL'd directly to my house. The whole thing took less than 3 weeks if I'm not mistaken.
Probably the easiest piece of work I've ever done and that included me sending it Arg post certified which is actually very good by the way.

Mine was DHL'd directly to my house. The whole thing took less than 3 weeks if I'm not mistaken.
Probably the easiest piece of work I've ever done and that included me sending it Arg post certified which is actually very good by the way.

How much did this all cost sir? The new passport and to DHL it. The whole thing took less than 3 weeks meaning the moment you requested a new passport or just the postage from there to here?

Back