Will I be placed on quarantine if I visit Buenos Aires?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah. It could be a blessing in disguise more time to build up the funds. Hopefully the blue will be 200 to 1 xD.

Thanks I guess. I realize on the surface it may sound shady but I am just keeping it real. You have to be logical and realistic when it comes to things like this.
ExPatWiz,

You are a good sport.

If I can help you in any way, don't hesitate to ask me. I have a lot of knowledge with respect to what you may be interested in doing.

You are free to PM me anytime with specific questions or if seeking insight into the K1 process . I'll help you, just ask.

P
Because I'm not dumb? My plan is to use my programming skills to get get remote work and get paid an American salary or grind in the USA for a couple of years and set up American investments so I can chill and live a good life down there for cheap without working all that much or not at all. If I bring her here i'm not the rich american anymore I am just an average Joe. She can easily fuck me over and their wouldn't be much I could do. You ever see 90 day fiance? i'm not trying to end up like that.

Please please PLEASE be a troll!

ExPatWiz,

You are a good sport.

If I can help you in any way, don't hesitate to ask me. I have a lot of knowledge with respect to what you may be interested in doing.

You are free to PM me anytime with specific questions or if seeking insight into the K1 process. I'll help you, just ask.
Thanks, man I really appreciate it. I need as many friends as I can down there. I would love to meet up with you. We can talk at a coffee shop or something. As for the K1 I don't think I will need that. I do not plan to live in the United States at least not full time in the future(I will probably visit a lot). I have realized that I can have a better life abroad. I am a first-generation American my parents are immigrants so I really have no love for a deep emotional connection to it. America is just a place for making money nothing more nothing less. Just take advantage of the economy and get the dollars.

Rich One,

I believe that would be a NEGATIVE on the K1 with respect to this guy's situation.

I could be wrong, but I don't believe these two love birds have ever met in person. The relationship (from what I sense based upon what Romeo has shared with us ...) is purely one of an on line infatuation. Given that and assuming I am correct in my GUESS ... HE WILL FAIL!

In order to pull off a successful K1 VISA - There must be EVIDENCE of a RELATIONSHIP!

Evidence of a relationship will include, but not be limited to ... A ticket stub from a flight from where he is based, to where she is based, a receipt from a hotel or similar accommodation, PICTURES of them TOGETHER in an indisputable location demonstrating they actually shared time together and met in her country ... A good spot would be right in from of The Obelisk! Letters and cards sent back and forth via snail mail (Not much of that happening these past months!) AND ON AND ON AND ON ...

A reviewer of a petition for a K1 takes the point of view that the relationship is not valid, that it is fraudulent and the applicant(s) must persuade the reviewer to the contrary. Without all of these things and more (I can't think of it all right at the moment ...) supporting documentation, he would be wasting his time and throwing his money for the application fees directly in the trash!

I am prepared to bet my life (Against getting another life after I am done with this one!) on my reply. I am dead on with this information.

And, I will have two lives to live. OH BOY !!! That is how sure I am about the validity of what I just shared.

Sorry Tiger but I suggested a K1 visa as a joke for 2 persons that are only Pen Mates ! It would be gullible on some ones part to believe that it's nothing but hot air. At any rate it keeps us entertained ...LOL

P

Please please PLEASE be a troll!
I don't understand why I get this reaction from people. I am not doing anything illegal nor am I hurting anyone. When I go down there the person I will be with will have someone making way more than the locals, better standard of living. I will have an easier life basically be retired at a young age, The country gets more revenue. Everybody wins in this scenario. Yet I am viewed with suspicion and contempt. I don't get it.

I don't understand why I get this reaction from people. I am not doing anything illegal nor am I hurting anyone. When I go down there the person I will be with will have someone making way more than the locals, better standard of living. I will have an easier life basically be retired at a young age, The country gets more revenue. Everybody wins in this scenario. Yet I am viewed with suspicion and contempt. I don't get it.

Maybe it’s your youth, which hey, being young is awesome and many of us grizzled and cranky long timers would love to switch places with you. Maybe for a week.

Your posts just strike me as incredibly tone deaf considering you want to ignore an unprecedented worldwide pandemic and take advantage of a horrendous Argentine economy (which many people on this forum are dependent on) to flex your blue dollars, gobble up as much steak as you can and Netflix and chill with an Argentine woman you hardly know and who you say would look at you as an average joe and fuck you over if it wasn’t for you appearing as a wealthy American in these parts.

Many people who live here and add to this forum year after year have spent a long time trying to dispel the image of (United States of) Americans as such. This American included.

Not trying to start something, maybe just push for a little awareness, along with some of the others who have replied and seemed suspicious. We’re not just tourists here. Good to be a little educated before you descend and then I think you will find most everyone here welcoming and helpful.

suerte!

flex your blue dollars, gobble up as much steak as you can and Netflix and chill with an Argentine woman you hardly know

Lmao...that line has me cracking up.

But come on give him a break, he's just being honest. Is there anything wrong with his activities?

Most of us expats who have savings, assets and/or salaries in USD in Argentina take advantage of the favorable exchange rate. Many of us enjoy a good steak. Two consenting adults can netflix and chill all they want.

You think the covid BS is bad in the states? It's x10 here. There's no airplanes, you can't drive to the next town over, you can't go to the store, you have to wear a mask. I have a guy who works for me who's Dad died at the beginning of this and still isn't allowed to drive to the province to see his family. It's nonsensical. You need a 14 day quarantine if you travel from one place to another as an essential worker.
Yeah, you guys convinced me I can't even go and I will wait for this to blow over. A lot of people say it will last until 2022 but I am more hopeful it will only last until 2021.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back