Will I get Stabbed?

SingForAbsolution

Registered
Hi. I'm a supporter of San Lorenzo de Almagro and have yet to see a game at their home stadium in Bajo Flores. I realize that the area is pretty much the worst part of Capital Federal, but I'd like to know if it would be feasible to attend a game on a weekend without too much of a problem. I'm young (22 yrs) and look very argentine until I open my mouth of course. If anyone has any experience going to games at that stadium, please leave a comment, thanks!

Just don't walk around the neighborhood by night. If you wanna play it really safe; take a taxi to and from the stadium.

Ive been there once, two years ago. On my way to the stadium I took the Subte (Linea E) to the station most nearby the stadium and then simply took a cab. Do realize that it might be much harder to grab a cab after the match has ended.

Some general advice: dress down and only bring the money you need (and then some extra which you hide somewhere (eg in your shoes).

ReemsterCARP said:
Ive been there once, two years ago. On my way to the stadium I took the Subte (Linea E) to the station most nearby the stadium and then simply took a cab. Do realize that it might be much harder to grab a cab after the match has ended.

Would that be the Medalla Milagrosa stop along Carabobo? I didn't think cabs would even go beyond Castañares in that area.

I now recall getting off the subte at the very last stop of the E-line (where the premetro starts). I found a cab w/in 5 minutes. I might have been either very lucky to find a cab, or the area has really deteriorated since 2007.

You can get a little closer on the premetro, just go to the last station on the E line and you change onto the premetro with the same ticket and get off at Ana Maria Janer or Somellera. You can also take colectivos 46, 76, 101, 143, 150, 165, 193. I would say game day is probably the safest time to be down there, Vigo Mortensen routinely wanders down there unaccompanied, otherwise, if you're feeling generous you could contribute the 2 o 3 hundred thousand to the campaign buy out Carrefour and return CASLA to the Viejo Gasómetro on Av. La Plata.

You could also get off at Varela or Medalla Milagrosa and wander down either Varela or Carabobo where you will find remis offices - you will have better luck with them than the taxi drivers who don't know the area.

pauper said:
You can get a little closer on the premetro, just go to the last station on the E line and you change onto the premetro with the same ticket and get off at Ana Maria Janer or Somellera. You can also take colectivos 46, 76, 101, 143, 150, 165, 193. I would say game day is probably the safest time to be down there, Vigo Mortensen routinely wanders down there unaccompanied, otherwise, if you're feeling generous you could contribute the 2 o 3 hundred thousand to the campaign buy out Carrefour and return CASLA to the Viejo Gasómetro on Av. La Plata.

Both of those premetro stops are right across the street from villas..

The 76 looks like my best option.

Yes you will get stabbed, or even worse shot. People in the villas are always looking to maim, rob, or kill gringos. It's in their blood.

On a more serious note, just be cautious and use common sense. Going to a football game in a humble part of town is not a criminal's paradise. They've got Palermo and Recoleta for that.

Last time I arrived in to EZE, we wound up driving through there on the way to my apt (the highway was pretty much shut down to an accident so we took back roads). It was weekday at 8:30 or 9 in the morning so lots of people going to work but there were a lot of cabs on that main road by the stadium (blanking on the name).

Don't bring a camera, only take the minimum amount of money you need, exercise caution and you should be fine.

Back