Wine Tasting

prettejohn

Registered
Hi BA Expats

Anyone done a BA Wine Tasting?

Am looking for a fun evening for my wife's upcoming birthday and the idea of a wine tasting plus meal could be a lot of fun.

The wine experience here looks fun but I don't want to spend the whole evening with Gringo's if possible (no offence but technically we're Gringo's too although from the UK) combined with the meal although at US$230 for wine tasting and a meal for two it's not that cheap but if it's a great experience I don't mind paying. Not sure if Anuva wines are the same company but they seem to offer a very similar thing here.

Any advice, recommendations etc, are welcome

Thank you!

I'd be interested in that, too. My uncle is visiting on February and I think he might like a wine tasting experience.

So far I found Anuva for USD 52 (recommended on this forum), Park Hyatt hotel (price not displayed), Puerto Crystal restaurant in Puerto Madero (price not displayed, tasting based on grape type/region/label) and finally an unspecified Degustacion on bsas4u.com for USD 35.

@John - Have you been able to find a wine tasting experience that suits you?

I'll be in BsAs in a month. I'm a traveling winemaker, and would love to get together with a bunch of expats with a variety of bottles. Any interest?

There are plenty of wine tasting events in town in Spanish, and few of them in English. Anuva is really a great place, where English is spoken.There are also spanish online workshops starting this month, I believe that the one given by Mariano Braga is really good, you can find him searching his name. Lo de Joaquin Alberdi, Borges street 1772 in Palermo offers wine tastings almost every Friday evening. La tintoreria in La Lucila is great, as well as enogarage at all its branches. Vinoteca 1912, in Cañitas is a very small place, the owner and sommelier is very knowleadgable, the store has good variety and quality of wines, but I am not sure about her English skills.

Anuva is great, and its pretty much all the wine you want to drink. Unfortunately, they did not serve carmenere which is a great try in SAmerica. Food is good, but big table only allows you to talk to people next to you.

Argentineexperience seems like a rip off to me in all sense

Two thumbs up for Ja! , formerly Lo de Juaquin on Borges 177 in Palermo. Wine tastings are very international and usually somewhat understandable in Spanish and English. You might convince Jouquin to toss on parilla upstars wth the promise some purhases of wine. Tastings on Thursday and Friday.

Lo de Joaquin recently added a fridge to sell cheeses from Cabaña Piedras Blancas.

Anuva is great, and its pretty much all the wine you want to drink. Unfortunately, they did not serve carmenere which is a great try in SAmerica. Food is good, but big table only allows you to talk to people next to you.

Argentineexperience seems like a rip off to me in all sense

Anuva serves Argentine wines and, to my knowledge, there's no Carmenere grown here - it's all on the Chilean side.

There are plenty of wine tasting events in town in Spanish, and few of them in English. Anuva is really a great place, where English is spoken.There are also spanish online workshops starting this month, I believe that the one given by Mariano Braga is really good, you can find him searching his name. Lo de Joaquin Alberdi, Borges street 1772 in Palermo offers wine tastings almost every Friday evening. La tintoreria in La Lucila is great, as well as enogarage at all its branches. Vinoteca 1912, in Cañitas is a very small place, the owner and sommelier is very knowleadgable, the store has good variety and quality of wines, but I am not sure about her English skills.

I couldn't "like" your post, because I am very much anti-Anuva. But I agree with you on the rest, especially Marcela at Vinoteca 1912.

There are plenty of wine tasting events in town in Spanish, and few of them in English. Anuva is really a great place, where English is spoken.

Whenever I look into something tourist-y and English is spoken, the price triples. This is valid for tango shows, wine tasting, daily excursions in the surroundign of BA, etc - so I became very wary of English activities. Anuva says on their website the wine tasting in Spanish is upon request (!) so I am not totally convinced it is a deal.

My uncle doesn't speak any English, so anything in Spanish would be just fine - we would interpret for him.
Thank you all for your suggestion, I will look into the wine shops mentioned.

Back