Winter Coats

slider8p

Registered
Hi everyone,

Myself and girlfriend are sort of new to the city and the upcoming colder seasons in BA.

Would anyone know of any shops for winter coats and/or jackets?

We've been window shopping around but the quality vs price ratio is pretty shocking...

thank you

slider8p said:
We've been window shopping around but the quality vs price ratio is pretty shocking...

thank you

Welcome to Buenos Aires.

Sales tend to start rather early into the season so wait for a sale. Also you'll only get about 6 weeks of use out of a real winter coat. Temperatures have been unusually cold in the mornings lately, usually don't see these temps until about July!

Avenida Forest is where traditionally the factory outlets are. It is located at Chacarita neighbourhood.

syngirl said:
Also you'll only get about 6 weeks of use out of a real winter coat. Temperatures have been unusually cold in the mornings lately, usually don't see these temps until about July!

If we're lucky.

In 2007 a cold front moved into BsAs in the late afternoon of May 26th and temperatures dropped to freezing that night and for 3 of the 4 nights after that. Wind chills were often sub-freezing straight through until the start September. That sucked.

Hopefully we get a Syngirl winter.

there's also lots of outlets in villa crespo on gurruchaga. i've had some luck there...

Napoleon said:
If we're lucky.

In 2007 a cold front moved into BsAs in the late afternoon of May 26th and temperatures dropped to freezing that night and for 3 of the 4 nights after that. Wind chills were often sub-freezing straight through until the start September. That sucked.

Hopefully we get a Syngirl winter.
'Yes napoleon, I was here. Yet I only caved and bought a winter coat 2 years ago -- ie most winters are not like that.

syngirl said:
Welcome to Buenos Aires.

Sales tend to start rather early into the season so wait for a sale. Also you'll only get about 6 weeks of use out of a real winter coat. Temperatures have been unusually cold in the mornings lately, usually don't see these temps until about July!

I may disagree here. I don't think temps have been unusually cold in the past mornings. Like 6, 7, 8 C? In July we have colder mornings, touching the freezing point in few occasions, but sometimes with 2, 3, 4 C. Maybe it's because I haven't been outside in the morning lately, but I've followed the low and high temperatures.

BTW: Winter 2007 was the best winter of all times, i e COLD.
:)

i dont' know how much you want to spnd but i would go to a mall (alto palermo, paseo alcorta, patio bullrich) or to the stores in palermo soho/hollywood (streets armenia, gurruchaga, el salvador, malabia)

Back