Women's Self Defense Workshop this Saturday

hepdoll

Registered
Hi everyone,

This Saturday afternoon there will be a self defense workshop for women in Villa Crespo. Unlike the jiu jitsu intro class that I mentioned a couple of weeks ago, this Saturday's class is for women only and will teach specific techniques to protect yourself in the types of dangerous situations that occur in everyday life.

There are two instructors. One is a black belt martial artist (jiu jitsu) who has been competing and teaching for nine years. Teaching with him will be a woman who is also an accomplished martial artist and has been competing in and teaching jiu jitsu for some time. Both are very dedicated to their craft and are passionate about teaching women that they can and should be able to physically defend themselves.

I've seen what they're planning to teach and the techniques are really practical - the types of things that seem like common sense once you've learned them and you wonder how you got by without them. I will be taking the class and I hope some of you can come, too.

Here's the event information (in Spanish): Self Defense Seminar for Women

The short version in English:
Saturday, 15 October at 3-6pm
Extreme VC Fight Club
Camargo 284 (Villa Crespo)

(PS. The class will be given in Spanish but they will happily explain things in English, too, just let them know at the beginning of the class.)

hi, I know you said fir women only but I also feel threatened when walking around the city and don't have the physical or testicular might to fend off the hordes of well intentioned strangers.
so can I join the class like Bobby did in that King if the hill episode "bobby goes nuts" ?

thanks

nutcracker matt

Do you now how much the seminar is and if one can pay at the door or is it necessary to register before hand? Thanks.

Hi guys, Thanks for your questions!

Matt, this class is exclusively for women but I have no doubt that there will be more classes in the future for both genders. Just contact the instructor, Marcos (marcos [at] marcosrios.com) to tell him that you're interested and he can let you know when the next ones are coming up.

Nlaruccia, whoops, I should have put the price in the post! It is 50 pesos per person. If you come with a friend, you each pay just 35 pesos. There is no need to register beforehand so I hope to see you there! The class begins in just one hour, at 3pm. :)

Back