Work As A Mechanic In Argentina.

deftones78666

Registered
Hello all, ive been really contemplating moving to argentina lately. (bsas or cordoba) but im afraid I will perish without any work. I am a mechanic and I weld and work on motorcycles. would there be a need for me? I am fluent in Spanish and English. Can yall help me out?

https://www.facebook.com/lbcmotorcycles lots of people doing this sort of thing maybe drop them an email.

I'm acquainted with an Argentine guy who has worked here as an independent (shade tree) mechanic. Like most blue-collar or professional jobs here, the pay is not likely going to be what you're used to, but the demand is there. Be aware that there is an environment of import restrictions and taxation which makes parts difficult to get or expensive, and quality tools as well. I have yet to run across a junk yard here either, so I'm not even sure how the used part market functions here. Consider whether you will have patience for the general workflow here which always seems to have more than a fair share of irrational bottlenecks.

If you go for it, I would recommend you push the limits of bringing as many of your own tools as you can, although I don't know if you will run into issues in customs. Maybe you can say it's your hobby but I'm not certain how that will go. Likely would still be worth it even if you end up paying some steep import taxes at that moment.

Back