Work Visa with Expired Tourist visa

legilber

Registered
Hi all!

So... it looks like I'll be staying indefinitely which makes me happy/sad/excited/scared etc. I've had a few meetings already with my HR rep regarding my work visa and she was really shocked when I said that I had overstayed my visitors visa.

She's got a meeting with immigrations this week to gather general data, but I wanted to know if my tourist visa has to be renewed to process my paperwork?

I would assume so, but it's always helpful to ask.
Thanks!!

wow, really?? That's interesting. So they never ask for your tourist visa number? They just need my passport number?

I'm about 6 months or so past my 90 days, and really couldn't be bothered to go to colonia...

They require photocopies of every page of your passport.

Your tourist visa "status" is not important.

You only have to meet the requirements of the resident visa you are seeking.

Thanks for the replies. I'm in the exact same situation, so it's very reassuring to hear this. I have one more question: My police report and birth certificate need to be attested by my embassy. Will they have a problem with me overstaying the visa? Will they even check?

What fee do you have to pay? The $300 pesos overstay fee? Or another one?

legilber said:
What fee do you have to pay? The $300 pesos overstay fee? Or another one?

If you are granted the "work visa you" will have to pay $600 pesos.

If they do not approve the visa you will have to pay the $300 pesos overstay fee at migraciones and they will most likely give you ten days to leave the country. If you overstay the ten days you will have to pay another $300 pesos when you finally depart.

Back