Workaround needed for Migraciones documentation

odyssea

Registered
I am applying for a renewal of my residencia temporaria as a pensionado.

I live near Salta and have been told that my letter from the US Embassy issued 2 years ago stating my income for life from Social Security is no longer valid....that I must present a new one.

I can get this form from the Embassy, it is not a problem because I can do much of this via email.

The difficulty lies in getting the legalization from the Ministerio de Relaciones Exteriores..at 52 pesos. and the usual three long lines. From what I was told there is no such organization in Salta, and that I must go back to BA .....400 dollars round trip...to get this one last form.

If I return to BA, can I complete the process there or must I come back to Salta?

Can anyone give me a workaround for this bureaucratic issue, or am I buying a ticket to BA tomorrow?

JoAnn

If you are not in a hurry (AS IN NEED IT TOMORROW) and someone else can present the document at the Ministerio de Relaciones Exteriores on your behalf, I know someone who can do it for you and send it to you or take it to migraciones in BA (with other documents if necessary).

Just let me know.

I need to get this completed before October 19th or face the usual late filing surcharges. I will need to get all the paper to the US Embassy, the person would need to be authorized to pick it the form from the Oficina de Beneficios Federales Americanas..... And then the person would go to the Ministerio de Relaciones Exteriores. What authorization would the expeditor need? What would he charge for the process.

The final step, of course, would be to mail me the documents.

Here are few questions:

Can you "order" a new letter from the US Embassy on line?

Can anyone other than yourself pick it up in person?

If not, will they send it to you in Salta?

Then, if you send it to another party (the person I know in BA), can she get the certification from the Ministerio de Relaciones Exteriores by going there and presenting the document?

And would she need written POA to do so?

Yes, she would charge, and if she only has to go to the embassy and /or the Ministerio de Relaciones Exteriores once, I think $100 US would be a fair price. If there are minor "complications" she won't ask for more. If it's really easy she will probably charge less.

This is the same person who helped me obtain my resident visa in 2006.

She speaks very good English and has my complete confidence.

(She even took care of my dog on two occasions when I returned to the US.)

Q1. I can get the income letter by requesting it via email
Q2. Another person can pick it up but would need authorization to do so, and this can also be done via email, PDF completion, and fax.
Q3 The embassy would send it to me in Salta if requested to do so.
Q4. I do not know if the person would be required to have a POA to present this document to the Ministerio de Relaciones Exteriores.

I will ask her to contact the Ministerio de Relaciones Exteriores and ask if she can present the document on your behalf (with or without POA).

steveinbsas said:
I will ask her to contact the Ministerio de Relaciones Exteriores and ask if she can present the document on your behalf (with or without POA).

Thank you Steve....

Back