Working In Healthcare

jubzi

Registered
Hi all,

Recently been searching the internet trying to find some information but no luck so far.

I have been working as a Radiation Therapist (treatment of cancer using radiation) for 6 years in London.
My question is would my graduate qualification be accepted in Argentina or would I need to validate my degree somehow?
Lastly what is the pay scale for healthcare workers there? I am fully aware there would be a large decrease to what I earn here.

My spanish is at an intermediate level.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Jay

Your degree needs to be validated at a public university I believe. I am a diagnostic radiographer and have also done a bit of research about working here. As far as i can gather you need to find a public university that does runs the course. They will then ask you to provide secondary school certificates, along with your degree cert and an in-depth analysis of all the modules you covered on the course. If it doesn't match with their course then they will make you take the modules that you haven't covered. Then i think they can validate it. I have no idea how much that costs. UBA wouldn't do it at all. I spoke with someone at la matanza university i think and they were quite helpful, but i've decided not to pursue it.

Thanks for your response chas.
As I expected with regards to validation.
During your research did you find out much about salaries? Here there isn't a drastic difference between the salaries of a therapy and diagnostic radiographer.

Salaries are the same as a garbage man, teacher or plumber.

It was a few years ago now that i researched but it wasn't a very exciting number. 8000 pesos per month for 4 shifts per week i think, probably varies between private and public and probably gone up a little by now.

my 2 cents..... go for medical temp work in your country..I used to do that

you would be much better off doing travel temp work in the UK for lets say 6 months working then travel the other 6 months... you wont make enough money here in agrentina to even pay the rent.... look into temp travel...
in the USA .. you get great pay and even lodging for the 13 weeks or whatever...jobs a little harder to find in certain modalities but almost all money can be saved..then you take off for an adventure elsewhere.... good luck

Back