Working Remote In Argentina. Tax Implications?

That's correct, being a W2 and being in the US in this case Florida, which doesn't have state taxes, for at least 31 days of the year would make me eligible as resident of the state and would be taxed. That really doesn't concern me as I don't mind being taxed in the US and then filing taxes and possible getting a refund. Their are two test that one can use for the exclusion, I was looking at the foreign Earned Income Exclusion - Bona Fide Residence Test as I know I won't qualify for the other one you stated. On a side note, I plan to be in the states every two to three months for a two or three week working period and during summer time in Argentina be in the US for a couple of months.

I know for a fact they wouldn't consider me as a contractor as the nature of the work doesn't really apply and there arent any contractors currently at the company.

It's more like a telecommuting agreement rather than sending me on an assignment.i don't know if Argentina has any laws on this which could raise the legal concern of my employeer. I know The way around Argentina but my employeer doesn't so need to find a way to present it to them if they ask.

WOW, good stuff! This is exactly what I was looking for! Thanks!

hmmm. So technically, if I want to stay longer than six months, all I need to do is leave the country.. come back to the US for a little bit, then fly back. This could work. I really don't know how long ill be down there, but just looking to follow the proper protocol so I don't get into trouble nor my company.

It sounds to me as if there really is no worry if I stay less than six months. Is there anything my company should be aware of? or is it really this simple.

I will shoot you a PM when I learn more! Thanks again, and appreciate the insight.

I am new on this area but i am in a similar situation as you are/were. Argie / US citizen working remotely and looking to do it from Arg. IRS situation is handled for the US income how did you manage the AFIP ..? anything you have done you can share? I dont know how to PM here ....

I am new on this area but i am in a similar situation as you are/were. Argie / US citizen working remotely and looking to do it from Arg. IRS situation is handled for the US income how did you manage the AFIP ..? anything you have done you can share? I dont know how to PM here ....

Hello, I will also soon be in a similar situation (Arg/US citizen living in BA), but I have read that if we are Arg citizens and we remain in Arg more than 90 days (NOT 6 months) then we are assumed to be tax residents and liable for Arg Taxes , anyone knows any better?

I'm in a similar situation and am figuring out how to organize my remote work -- does anyone have any suggested specific resources that helped them figure out their situation with AFIP? I feel like I've gotten a lot of mixed info in searching online and don't know what's reliable.

Back