world cup viewing for the english

thebookcellar

Registered
The domestic season is over -

For quite some time the prospect of being in Argentina for the World Cup has been haunting me. I love living here, but i am English, and i do not want to watch the England games with Argentines.

Are there any bars where the English will congregate? Are there any English here with plans to meet?

As a side note, calculations i have made shows the following. If England and Argentina win their groups we will not meet until the final.
If either of us comes second, we will meet in the quarter-finals.

My Argentine wife and her family and all Argentines i know seem to believe that Maradona meeting England again is some kind of destiny. I need English people for football....

thebookcellar said:
For quite some time the prospect of being in Argentina for the World Cup has been haunting me. I love living here, but i am English, and i do not want to watch the England games with Argentines.

You really are caught between a rock and a hard place, aren't you?. The only safe place for you to watch an Argentina-England game will be to get a ticket (one way just in case) to the Falklands and watch the game in a Pub down there...don't even think to come back if Argentina loses

I don't mean or want to alarm you but there is not valid family ties of any kind when a game of this type is lost or won, there's too much at stake here that isn't enough room to be polite or nice. :D

Hey "booky"....I am that English bloke replying.....i would be happy to watch the games with you but the chances of the ARG V ENG.....are not really on....we are
full of hope again...relying on team with no strikers...Rooo scores for mu....but how
many for England....next....Bent ....Cr..ouch....kin hell.....hope I am wrong...
On paper and I use that to wipe me asse..Argentina have better players but are they a team?...mi novia is Arggy....and she thinks we have a chance of winning...maybe
she is just being kind.....if you want to send a private message to sort something...
suerte....

Lucas said:
The only safe place for you to watch an Argentina-England game will be to get a ticket (one way just in case) to the Falklands and watch the game in a Pub down there...don't even think to come back if Argentina loses.
On the way home from my soccer game tonight, played with a bunch of Argentinos (one of whom played like a son-of-a-bitch... again), the guy driving said that he thinks that Argentina will win it's group by winning all three games and that Messi will score 5 goals... and then they will lose in the first elimination game and Messi will be nowhere to be found.

I couldn't help but agree. Which is frustrating, pero bueno.

Back