Would it be possible to find a job in finance?

dubov

Registered
Sorry if this question comes up a lot.

I've had a look in the 'jobs' section, and most of the work seems to be casual.

I'm in my early 40s and work in corporate accounting (but I can do other finance roles too, like AR/AP). Would it be possible to find a professional job in finance, on the assumption my Spanish would be at a good, but far from perfect, level?

Or is BA somewhere you only want to live once you're somewhat financially independent and don't need to rely on work for the bulk of your income?

Contact the B.A. American Chamber of Commerce to find out the potential need, of a US company member, looking for an English speaking finance expert. (permanent resident ) The Chamber site has some listings for openings.

I k ow people who work in finance in Argentina and they’re doing quite well. And I know some people holding serious positions and just doing ok! I think you find these jobs through head hunters rather than the job section. Good luck.

Howdy Dubov,

It's my understanding that white collar jobs are heavily competed for in the government here. Many require degrees depending on the specialty. Some go on to open their private practice instead of working for the state. It's to hard to say just how much of US finance is applicable down here. It's a whole different set of laws, taxes and record keeping requirements. I would venture to say that your talents would be useful to International conglomerates with subsidiaries in Argentina that need a hand organizing the data for US shareholders, executives etc. Or any Argentine company with foreign shareholders that have may have SEC requirements. That would be a good list to compile and to start your inquiries. Having a set of US eyes on the ground down here directly involved with the finances would be a handy thing to have for those desiring greater oversight.

Last edited:
Back