Would You?

Julieta0317

Registered
I grew up in Argentina but I now live in Texas. I'm considering a move back to Argentina after being gone for 15 years. I visit at least once a year so I know what life there is like, but I'm scared to pack up and go given the current economy there. I have a college degree, fluent in both English and Spanish, and I would be able to work there given that I have an Argentinean ID. I miss life in the big city....

Why not move to Miami where bilingual skills are a must, you can earn a fatter salary and enjoy big city life to boot? The only reason to go to Argentina is for the pizza.

6856073413_8890d4aa6a_z.jpg

My family is still in Argentina and I miss them big time. I'm just very scared about the economic situation and not being able to have a fairly decent lifestyle.

You name it Julieta: money and convenience, first world life, or sacrifice and being with your loved ones. Though decision.

Take a sabatical , leave of absence, lease your condo (if you own one) , Store the furniture and come to BA for a year to explore!!

Good Luck

...or find yourself a decent job in the States...and when the s++t hits the fan in Argentina... you can send money to support your family.

Is the economic situation really better in the US? What type of job would you be giving up? Could you do that job here?
As you probably know, Argentina rewards people who start businesses and follow their passions, not those who get office jobs.
Would you be willing to re-invent yourself a bit?
Can your family help you?
I moved from the US to Argentina 10 years ago when the economy was in the shit hole. Now things are going well considering that the rest of the world is in a huge recession (unemployment in Spain?) and I am glad that I did. However, I am always on the lookout for economic and political trends and adapt my economic situation to them. I found out early on that working as an employee in Argentina is stupid--long hours, little pay.
Look for fields to enter that are growing in Argentina and enjoy government support. There are lots of programs on city and national level to help those who want to start a business. I was offered 0% interest loans from the city, workshops, contests for funding, etc.
I say go for it.
BTW, people have been saying now for 5 years that the local economy will explode.
Does it make sense to move to Argentina if you want to buy dollars and travel the world? No. But if your family and culture is here, go for it, adapt, survive
Try this: close your eyes and imagine what your life will be like in 20 years in the US and 20 years in Argentina. What makes you happier?

I have a very good job in the Financial sector, and I think I can get a fairly good job there too. I have been toying with the idea of going back for a while but now it seems like is the right choice more than ever. Life is good in the US but is far from perfect, but I learned so much over the years that it made it worth it. At this point my mind is made up, I just need to work things out and hopefully get a job before I even get there.

I have a very good job in the Financial sector, and I think I can get a fairly good job there too. I have been toying with the idea of going back for a while but now it seems like is the right choice more than ever. Life is good in the US but is far from perfect, but I learned so much over the years that it made it worth it. At this point my mind is made up, I just need to work things out and hopefully get a job before I even get there.

I have a friend that was Argentinean by birth, lived in the states for a long time, then decided to move back to BA. She loves it, has a job, found a great guy, and has been living there for several years now.

It's my opinion that when you make something a priority in your life, then you tend to do whatever you need to do in order to make it work out.

Back