Writers in BA Guide to the Book Fair

Maryann

Registered
Check out the Writers in BA Guide to the Book Fair for a schedule of events and readings by fellow expats!: www.writersinba.blogspot.com

General Info:

La Feria Internacional del Libro de Buenos Aires is coming up, April 23rd-May 11th. If you’re not familiar with it, it’s a giant exposition of books, authors, readings, workshops, and a variety of random and informative booths from Mormons to anarchists …

This year there will be talks and readings by American authors Junot Díaz (Drown, The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao) and Annie Proulx (Brokeback Mountain, The Shipping News). There will also be Writers in BA members participating at various levels: María Christina Azcona will be signing her book, A Guide to Find Peace; and my writers’ group, Thursdays@Three, will be publishing a compilation, giving readings, and leading workshops on screenwriting and running a writers’ group. Details are on the schedule below.

The Book Fair is at La Rural exhibition center, by Plaza Italia, Santa Fe & Sarmiento, on the D subte line in Palermo, also served by a gazillion buses. The book fair is HUGE, so if you’re coming for a specific event, make sure to get there early so you have time to orient yourself and find it. You can get schedules and maps there or on-line. Day entrance passes are $10 pesos Mon-Thurs and $13 pesos Fri-Sun, and it opens at 2 p.m. and stays open until 10 p.m. (Sun-Thurs) and 11 p.m. (Fri & Sat), and until 1 a.m. Thursday, April 30th (eve of a holiday).

For more info on the Book Fair: www.el-libro.org.ar
Writers in Buenos Aires highlights: www.writersinba.blogspot.com

Hi Maryann,

Do you know when Annie Proulx will be speaking? I searched the official website unsuccessfully.

Thanks in advance for any help!

HDM,

Thank you very much for posting this link! I probably would've missed out on the event without your help...thank you!

I am just back from spending a few hours at the book fair, where I took in 3 charlas at the American Embassy stand -- one novelist reading from one of his books, a presentation by an author on Che's iconic dominance, and the author who wrote the Frommer's Guide to Buenos Aires, and then managed to spend an obscene amount of money at the KEL stand. I do plan to return tomorrow for Annie Proulx's talk on literary geography. There are interesting things happening at the USA embassy stand.

So our very own Maryann is going to be talking tomorrow (later today/ Saturday April 25th) at the US Embassy's Pavilion at 3:00pm? Barbaro!

<U><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; mso-bidi-font-family: Arial"><FONT size=2>Saturday, April 25th: <SPAN class=Apple-style-span style="FONT-SIZE: small">

Back