Xoom At 8.06 Today

NYCExpat

Registered
I know many people have had problems with Xoom, but this is my second transaction (quick and easy) at an exchange rate over $1USD/$7ARG. Max is now $2,000 USD.

7.2 is not bad but you can still see the profit xoom is making as the official blue rate is 7.46 plus xoom gets a transaction fee of like 30 dollars for a 1000 dollar transaction..

of course with dollars one is doing well either way over what the country's peoples are able to enjoy. These folks work hard and their pay keeps going down with the 25% inflation rate - they do not have the opportunity of living like you at all.

Therefore in return we need to be aware of this information. when it comes to tipping do not do as your Argentine friends are doing... do better.. much better.

this is strictly my opinion

walter

7.2 is not bad but you can still see the profit xoom is making as the official blue rate is 7.46 plus xoom gets a transaction fee of like 30 dollars for a 1000 dollar transaction..

of course with dollars one is doing well either way over what the country's peoples are able to enjoy. These folks work hard and their pay keeps going down with the 25% inflation rate - they do not have the opportunity of living like you at all.

Therefore in return we need to be aware of this information. when it comes to tipping do not do as your Argentine friends are doing... do better.. much better.

this is strictly my opinion

walter

Walter,

Argentinean Workers that belong to Unions get yearly salary adjustments of 25% , as a floor, so they are kept Home Free from Inflation.

I know many people have had problems with Xoom, but this is my second transaction (quick and easy) at an exchange rate over $1USD/$7ARG. Max is now $2,000 USD.

I know! It's amazing right? It goes up a little bit each day. It's already above the dollar blue buying rate, even with the zoom fees. I think the best way to figure out the true zoom rate is to include the fee they charge:

Actual rate = Pesos bought/ (dollars sold + xoom fee in dollars).​

For example if I were to sell $200 right now, I'd get ARS $1446.75 and be charged USD $6.75. so that would be:

1446.75/206.75 = 7.00 Pesos per dollar.​

Not too shabby.

I know! It's amazing right? It goes up a little bit each day. It's already above the dollar blue buying rate, even with the zoom fees. I think the best way to figure out the true zoom rate is to include the fee they charge:

Actual rate = Pesos bought/ (dollars sold + xoom fee in dollars).​

For example if I were to sell $200 right now, I'd get ARS $1446.75 and be charged USD $6.75. so that would be:

1446.75/206.75 = 7.00 Pesos per dollar.​

Not too shabby.

Well , depends on how you look at it, and the amount of dollars you sell per month . If you move $2000 and have a private party that is willing to pay $7,50+ per dollar today, the difference is $1000 Arg. pesos....??

If you go thru middlemen/cueva the difference could be $600 Arg. pesos....!!

Well , depends on how you look at it, and the amount of dollars you sell per month . If you move $2000 and have a private party that is willing to pay $7,50+ per dollar today, the difference is $1000 Arg. pesos....??

If you go thru middlemen/cueva the difference could be $600 Arg. pesos....!!

I would love to find that private party you speak of. That's quite a high rate! Nor have I heard of any cuevas that are buying dollars for a rate better then xoom. at dolarblue.net the "compra" rate is only 6.86!

Do intensive networking, with portero, ARG friends, your doctor, landlord, attorney, coworkers etc. to find "direct buyers" that need to travel, the rate yesterday reached $7,70...!! or check facebook for direct buyers and sellers, will give you an idea of the rates. The Cuevas in Florida at $7,30. Pay no attention to dolarblue.net is probably controlled...! :D

http://www.facebook.com/dolarblue

I would love to find that private party you speak of. That's quite a high rate! Nor have I heard of any cuevas that are buying dollars for a rate better then xoom. at dolarblue.net the "compra" rate is only 6.86!

Also check... http://www.dolar-blue.com/

I don't know how the dolarblue.net "compra" rate is calculated, but it's always way below the actual rate you get at a cueva. It's currently 6.86 and I have been getting more than seven since at least October. Right now it's 7.4 at my cueva... So I usually use the "venta" rate to calculate as it's closer to the actual "compra" rate...

I don't know how the dolarblue.net "compra" rate is calculated, but it's always way below the actual rate you get at a cueva. It's currently 6.86 and I have been getting more than seven since at least October. Right now it's 7.4 at my cueva... So I usually use the "venta" rate to calculate as it's closer to the actual "compra" rate...

Congrats that is a good rate for a a Cueva, sometimes for convenience, one doesn't go to hustle in Florida St. and stays with a convenient source nearby...!!

Back