Xoom Being Charged As Cash Advance?

domthegreat

Registered
The last 3 people who I know that sent money using Xoom have been as a cash advance. We have all been using Xoom for almost a year now and have never had this problem before. Does anyone else have any experience lately using credit cards with Xoom?

If you are using a credit card to pay Xoom, then I'm surprised they weren't charging you for a cash advance earlier.

I was wondering this as well, in the past I've got away with it being charged as a purchase instead of a cash advance.

I got charged cash advance on my latest transfer with Chase. Anybody try Citi/AMEX/Barclay's/BoA?

They allow you to select a reason for payment where you could choose payment for goods/services or cash advance. It used to be if you selected the first option the card issuer would not charge you cash advance fees but now they do.

It seems this is not Xoom but the card issuers who now know that Xoom merchant transactions should all be marked as cash advance.

It was fun way to earn miles/points while it lasted.

So upon further investigation it appears that Xoom is not submitting the charge to the card companies as a financial service, no long as business services. That is why we are getting hit with this now. I was able to get one free one out of Chase by calling and complaining...I don't know how many times I will be able to pull that one off...looks like its to bank transfers for me now.

Can anyone confirm/deny that they've gotten Xoom coded as a cash advance when using AMEX?

Back