Xoom Limit of 10,000 pesos?

domthegreat

Registered
I want to transfer some money to my girlfriend via Xoom. I have read before on here that there is some kind of limit of 10,000 pesos per transaction that you can perform. Does anyone have information on that?

I already sent her about 9,000 last month through Xoom, and we had to fill out some paper work. We needed to send copies of our ID's, a form explaining our relationship, where the money came from, etc. Will we not have to fill those forms out again since we already did it once?

I transfered 2500 through Xoom a couple of months ago and they had me send them a bank statement as well as the other regular docs. It took like 2 weeks for the $ to be authorized for pick up here (after my account had been debited). The next time I tried to send the same amount they denied the transaction saying they didn't want to send sensitive documents through email to the local partner here in BA (even though I explained I had already sent those things in and done a previous pick up). I since have just transfered smaller amounts (only up to 500) and the pick up is super easy - just bring the confirmation #, passport and sign a couple of things. I don't know what the dollar cut off is though - the amount when the $ starts being scrutinized and you have to provide all that info. It's awesome when it works though - the current rate is 5.82 or something (just shy of the black market)

I did the maximum of $2,999 USD through Xoom last week. Worked for me with only a few issues (id mainly). I'm about to try again with the maximum again this week. I'm hoping they don't deny the transaction (re: like Meri's experience). I will update later in the week.

I have run into a problem a time or two......if the sender or receiver has transacted over 5k pesos in one month, a touch more documentation is necessary. Still seems quite viable! If only it was available to anyone outside the US!

Meri said:
I transfered 2500 through Xoom a couple of months ago and they had me send them a bank statement as well as the other regular docs. It took like 2 weeks for the $ to be authorized for pick up here (after my account had been debited). The next time I tried to send the same amount they denied the transaction saying they didn't want to send sensitive documents through email to the local partner here in BA (even though I explained I had already sent those things in and done a previous pick up). I since have just transfered smaller amounts (only up to 500) and the pick up is super easy - just bring the confirmation #, passport and sign a couple of things. I don't know what the dollar cut off is though - the amount when the $ starts being scrutinized and you have to provide all that info. It's awesome when it works though - the current rate is 5.82 or something (just shy of the black market)

Yeah I had to send Xoom a letter saying I released them from liability for sending my ID to MoreMT here...but after that I had no problems.

Back