Yay - After 10 Years We're Planning On Leaving Argentina

TrevorCito

Registered
Yes, the time has finally come to pack our bags and leave this charming place. The kids are growing up so it's time to take them somewhere safer, more civilised and stable. After 10 years, we're heading back to Australia.

We have a 140m2 apartment in Belgrano near the Australian embassy that'll need to be sold. Other than the usual like agents, soloduenos.com.ar and other real-estate websites, does anybody have some ideas or suggestions for selling dueño a dueño?

Post it here in the classifieds and there is an expat group on Facebook...maybe you get lucky and someone is looking for a place and you can handle the affairs abroad... Probably a win-win for everyone.

Congratulations! I wish I could do the same. Please share the link in a private message or here, I have a friend looking for an apartment in that area.

Suerte!

please share link and photos of the apartment. i hv friends looking for a apartmnt in that area

Are you looking specifically for a expat buyer?

Our web site lets you publish for free (if you're the owner of the property):

Simply register on the site:

http://www.enbuenosaires.com/register.html?t=owner

You can publish up to two properties for free, the majority of the people looking are argentine, but we also have Europeans and Americans, you can specify not to be contacted by agents as well,

Good luck!

Are you looking specifically for a expat buyer?

Our web site lets you publish for free (if you're the owner of the property):

Simply register on the site:

http://www.enbuenosa...er.html?t=owner

You can publish up to two properties for free, the majority of the people looking are argentine, but we also have Europeans and Americans, you can specify not to be contacted by agents as well,

Thanks for the link. Nice site!

Any buyer will do so not just expats. I suppose the main thing is that it's sold in USD. Not fussed whether it's paid internationally although that would definitely make things easier.

Can someone post some links for finding rentals outside of Buenos Aires?

Would be interested in how you arrived at the decision to leave. Was there a last straw?

Would be interested in how you arrived at the decision to leave. Was there a last straw?

Good question and yes, there are 3 things - corruption, insecurity and financial controls.

I tried to import some electronic circuit boards I manufactured in china (USD $30) but they were held up by red tape and corruption. In the end I abandoned the goods and had a new batch sent to Australia where I collected them last trip. It was pure extortion... To release these goods I was told to use a despachante de adana ($350) plus pay storage fees ($150). In addition, a bribe was hinted to fast track the release. I told them to stick it and the circuits boards, useless to anybody else, will end up being disposed of by customs or returned to the manufacturer in China (I doubt it). In decided at that point that Argentinians deserve the Argentina they have :). I don't want my children to be raised in a culture where corruption, from the top down, is a national vocation.

I have another story about security and financial controls that tipped the scales so if you're interested, I'll tell the story.

Back