Yeast Infection

trizzle

Registered
Hi! Does anyone know if I can get OTC yeast infection treatments here in BA? If so, what's the brand and what do I ask for?? Thank you!!!!

Yes you can get OTC meds for this. You can ask for empecid gyno as a brand, it comes either in a cream or ovulos. Or tell the pharmacist you have hongos vaginales and see what they offer. There are lots of different brands out there.

Timely link I saw when reading something else:

http://m.activebeat.com/your-health/women/10-ways-to-treat-a-nasty-yeast-infection/

I believe that coconut oil might also work. It kills bacteria (both good & bad), so ph levels might need to restored after using, but I believe that I read that it wipes out yeast as well, though I would recommending doing your own research.

I was going to say about coconut oil as well. That and kefir or other probiotic rich food. And eliminate sugar in all its forms

Timely link I saw when reading something else:

http://m.activebeat....east-infection/

I believe that coconut oil might also work. It kills bacteria (both good & bad), so ph levels might need to restored after using, but I believe that I read that it wipes out yeast as well, though I would recommending doing your own research.

treat a nasty infection by actually dipping a tampon into plain yogurt and inserting it into the vagina

hmmm.

I've tried the CandiGone (capsules and extract combination from ReNew Life company) before and followed the very strict no-sugar diet and it really helped me eliminate toxins and restore healthy bacteria in the gut and got rid of my yeast infections (they were happening every month!). I also stopped eating any meat that had been raised with hormones and went off hormone-based birth control because the antiobiotics destroy healthy bacteria as well.

I was going to say about coconut oil as well. That and kefir or other probiotic rich food. And eliminate sugar in all its forms

Yes, this and grapefruits. Acid, sour stuff really works and the no sugar thing is very important! Although dipping stuff in yoghurt and then putting it up there... lmao no thanks.

I suffered from these nasty infections for almost 3 years before we (new gyno and myself) finally found a cure. Here is what my gyno recommended:

1. don't wash your gential area with anything other than a baby soap.

2. douche with buttermilk - you need to reculture your vaginal tract. I had up to this point been eating yogurt everyday. My gyno told me this was great for my digestive tract but the healthy bacteria stayed there it never makes it way to your vagina thus the buttermilk douche for it allows for a "direct route" to the problem area.

3. I had to use an ovule/night treatment of Cervugid Ovules (vaginal suppository). My gyno recommended me to use this treatment for 3 courses.

I certainly understand what you are going through and I hope you find a treatment that works. It took me several doctors and many different treatment options to finally find the one that works for me. Knock on wood I've been free of yeast infections for 8 months now. I know that does not seem like much been after fighting them continuously for 3 years it seems like heaven.

Back