Yellow fever vaccination

ricerocket99

Registered
I’m going to Colombia after Argentina. I read that I might need the yellow fever vaccine to travel there from Argentina or any country in the yellow fever zone. I plan on getting the vaccine just in case, but I know there’s a 10 day period for it to take effect. I’m flying Avianca. Has anyone flown to Colombia from Argentina and been asked to show proof of the vaccine?

Alright, cool. Think my plan is to do 2 transactions of $500 USD. And my roommate can WU transfer me money from California if I need more.

On an unrelated note, I’m going to Colombia after Argentina. I read that I might need the yellow fever vaccine to travel there from Argentina or any country in the yellow fever zone. I plan on getting the vaccine just in case, but I know there’s a 10 day period for it to take effect. I’m flying Avianca. Has anyone flown to Colombia from Argentina and been asked to show proof of the vaccine?
Flown there twice in the last 3 years, once with Avianca, once with Aerolineas Argentina, never had the vaccination, nor anybody checks.

Flown there twice in the last 3 years, once with Avianca, once with Aerolineas Argentina, never had the vaccination, nor anybody checks.
Same here. Never an issue.

Careful with that vaccine. I got sick after getting it. Still worth getting to protect yourself, but just plan for the possibility of getting sick for a few days. Still better than catching yellow fever.

Got the vaccine recently, also got sick afterwards.
Plan for 3 uncomfortable days.

Vaccinated at Avenidas Cordoba and Pueyrredon.

Iz

I went to Colombia a couple years ago. Never asked for proof of vaccination.

I flew to Colombia shortly before Christmas, nobody asked for a vaccine. I have it anyway, got it at vacunar.com.ar

I’m going to Colombia after Argentina. I read that I might need the yellow fever vaccine to travel there from Argentina or any country in the yellow fever zone. I plan on getting the vaccine just in case, but I know there’s a 10 day period for it to take effect. I’m flying Avianca. Has anyone flown to Colombia from Argentina and been asked to show proof of the vaccine?
Hi, I flew to Colombia 1 year ago and Yellow Fever Vaccination was a requirement. I got the shot at "Stamboulian" in Down Town Buenos Aires, They issue an international certificate of yellow fever vaccination for you to carry when traveling. Plus you integrate their database as from that moment and -anytime you need so- you can request them to issue a fresh certificate if you loose the original. Nevertheless, once I arrived to Bogotá, nobody asked me to show it. As this is a travel requirement, you can never be to careful with these things. I recommend that you take the shot and do it with sufficient time in advance because not every Clinic in Buenos Aires has this shot available. Take care!

Thank you everyone for your responses and experiences. I did more research and each airline has their own travel health requirements regarding entry to Colombia from certain countries. Colombia itself has their own health guidelines regarding entry as well. So to be safe, I asked to get the vaccine here in California before my trip. Well, according to my travel nurse consult and the areas I'm visiting in Argentina and Colombia, I was not recommended for the yellow fever vaccine. So they will give me an exemption letter and certificate instead, which will be valid to show for international travel.

Back